Melissa Ethridge's Split

Bradysmum

Carter and Evan too!
Jan 12, 2007
It's getting dirty!

http://www.usmagazine.com/momsbabie...melissa-etheridge-left-her-with-just-4-201097

The bitter split battle between Melissa Etheridge and Tammy Lynn Michaels rages on.

In explosive new allegations, Michaels' lawyer alleges that Etheridge left her with just $4 to her name.
PHOTOS: Stars who are very friendly with their exes
"Melissa has not been treating Tammy or the children as if they are a wife and children, financially and otherwise," Michaels' lawyer, Steven Knowles, tells TMZ.com. Michaels, 35, has also filed for full custody of the twins, son Miller Steven and daughter Johnnie Rose.

Knowles claims that Etheridge, 49, has not given her a penny since she filed for dissolution of her domestic partnership last week.
PHOTOS: Ugly celeb splits

Etheridge's lawyer, Neal Hersh, denies that, telling TMZ, "Melissa is paying all of Tammy's expenses, which totals tens of thousands of dollars per month

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/03/tammy-lynn-michaels-melis_n_634926.html
A day after Melissa Etheridge filed legal papers to end their domestic partnership Friday, Tammy Lynn Michaels has taken to her blog twice in one day to say she was not only blindsided by the filing, but has been left basically broke with their kids, borrowing money to pay for gas.
In court papers Etheridge requested joint custody and asked that she not have to pay Michaels any support.

But according to Michaels the pair had agreed not to do anything until the fall:
SMACK!!!!!!!!!!!!
FILE FOR DIVORCE!!!!!!
even though we both promised
agreed
handshook
pinkyswore

no filing until after tour
in the fall
her broken promises
told to me by
headlines

Etheridge has two older children in addition to twins that Michaels gave birth to in 2006. In her first posting on Saturday, Michaels writes that in 2001 she put an indefinite hold on her successful acting career to help care for Etheridge's older children while she was on tour.
i gave up my managers, agents, contacts, all that good stuff, because i stepped directly into potty training a small boy, and carrying around a small girl on my hip. both excellent souls. and i was a very huge part in raising them for many many years while She with the Guitar focused on her Guitar.​

And she goes on:
the other week i had to borrow money from a friend. two weeks ago i had to scrape together $1.25 to pay for gas. i know she doesn't want to give me money. trust. i'm borrowing cash left and right from people to get through this summer, and feed my kids, with a stomach full of ulcers, thank you. no stress here. :smile:

1. If Etheridge was a man she'd be getting slammed right now.

2. I understand her ex's frustration but she needs to get a journal and write these thoughts in private.

Last edited:
Ethridge is coming across really really mean and cold in this whole thing. Apparently the ex, whatever her name is, never received any money form Ethridge, yet she is the mom raising the two kids.

I mean, I respect that Tammy Lynn quit her career to raise the children and such. she said the lost a lot of contacts and friends in Hollywood over that. However, Look at Demi, she took a long hiatus and she's back in the spotlight. If you're really any good to begin with, you'll get back to where you are.

I'm wondering if something happened (ie affair) that we don't know of.

Tammy's fame at her peak is NOWHERE near Demi's fame at her peak. Sad, but Tammy will likely encounter a lot of trouble finding work, especially since a lot of connections now are likely through her ex. Melissa was cold with the dissolution of her first marriage, too. She wasn't very nice at all, and she also was accused of her not supporting her kids adequately.

Time and time again, it's been proven that it pays to have money on the side in the event of a divorce. If your wife/husband is the sole provider, save some of the money! It's not sneaky, it's a means to care for yourself and your child if something goes down.

^Demi isn't really a good comparison. She was a very solid B+ list actress who left a thriving career to take care of her kids She isn't doing as much these days. Also, Demi was married to an A list actor, Bruce Willis. Now she is married to another A list actor.
Tammy Lynn was a TV actress who may have passed on opportunities to build her name to raise the kids. She has aged (not a good thing for a woman in Hollywood) and she hasn't kept in contact with her industry people. She doesn't have much of a shot of getting a TV role, but she could probably do some Lifetime movies.

Perhaps not, but just trying to show that if she does infact have as much talent as needed she could likely get back. I really wonder what's going to happen with this.

I must admit that before this union, I had no idea who Tammy was

Exactly my point.

Perhaps not, but just trying to show that if she does infact have as much talent as needed she could likely get back. I really wonder what's going to happen with this.

Sadly talent isn't what gets people jobs in Hollywood. She'll probably come out with a pretty sweet settlement.

^Demi isn't really a good comparison. She was a very solid B+ list actress who left a thriving career to take care of her kids She isn't doing as much these days. Also, Demi was married to an A list actor, Bruce Willis. Now she is married to another A list actor.
Tammy Lynn was a TV actress who may have passed on opportunities to build her name to raise the kids. She has aged (not a good thing for a woman in Hollywood) and she hasn't kept in contact with her industry people. She doesn't have much of a shot of getting a TV role, but she could probably do some Lifetime movies.

Yeah, that was my point. At Tammy's peak, she was still considered a nobody. Even at Demi's lowest points (and when she went to raise her children), she was still very popular. Sad. She's talented, so I'm sure it Tammy tried, she could find nice indie roles and a few Lifetime movies, but those won't pay the kind of money I'm sure she's used to seeing.

Yeah, it looks like Tammy Lynn is SOL now. I watched her back when Popular was on the air, and I thought she had some talent. She put all of her stock--I mean all of it, if she's saying she got rid of agents and managers and all of the people that would fight for her to get work--in this union with Melissa, and sadly, the stock crashed.