MELIE OWNERS ADVICE NEEDED!!

bunnches

Feb 3, 2011
Southeast Florida
MELIE OWNERS!! Do any Melie owners out there have this bag and DO NOT have corner wear problems with it? I really love the look and functionality of the bag, but have heard so many complain about the corners fading. Does this happen to all Melies or just a random few? Any feedback is much appreciated!!

ShireeC

Nov 13, 2015
I had two and both had problems. My first had only the rubbing corners immediately with one day of use. The second Melie had pin holes in the corners after 2 days of use. It is my favorite LV bag, so pretty and functional for me, but I wasn't comfortable with the wear. My friend has the same issue with 2 Melie's and she gave up as well. I wouldn't buy another one.

Reactions: Spardeshi

Miss Krys

Jun 14, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
I was seriously contemplating this bag but my SA suggested that I look at something else since it has been known to have "issues" on the bottom edges and with the hardware. Maybe I'll look again later once LV has managed to work the kinks out of the design.

LVtingting

Aug 16, 2014
I had two and both have the corners problems plus the pin holes. I gave up on the monogram Melie! But today I saw the Empreinte Melie, I think that maybe the answer to the the corners since there's no patter just leather... anyone owns the Empreinte Melie like to share their review?! Really like to know since I love the functionality of Melie thanks!

Sourisbrune

Peace!
May 30, 2015
West Coast, USA; Paris; Monaco
No problems with my Melie, but it was relatively new when it was accidentally destroyed.
My daughter and I (with fanny packs) ventured to Disneyland, leaving my husband behind to take care of hotel check-in.
My dh forgot to bring it into the hotel, leaving it in the rental car trunk on a 105*F day. Goodness knows the trunk temperature; whatever it was, the heat cause my bag to melt and stick together in a gooey mess. Once cooled, it stiffened in a crumpled state and couldn't be saved. Eeeeek!

Dawn

seriously?
O.G.
Sep 2, 2006
United States
No problems with my Melie, but it was relatively new when it was accidentally destroyed.
My daughter and I (with fanny packs) ventured to Disneyland, leaving my husband behind to take care of hotel check-in.
My dh forgot to bring it into the hotel, leaving it in the rental car trunk on a 105*F day. Goodness knows the trunk temperature; whatever it was, the heat cause my bag to melt and stick together in a gooey mess. Once cooled, it stiffened in a crumpled state and couldn't be saved. Eeeeek!
Oh my gosh, that's terrible! :sad: