Melie or Neverfull GM

I carry a lot of things and I just can't decide to get the Melie or the Neverfull GM. I have the Neverfull MM, but I want the GM because of the Pink inside & of course the extra small pouch. I want the Melie because I don't have a hobo type of bag. If you own both of these, which one do you find you use the most & if you own the Milie, does the top flap really closes & is it heavy to carry? Thank you & Happy Holidays!

KimTX

Mar 19, 2013
I carry a lot of things and I just can't decide to get the Melie or the Neverfull GM. I have the Neverfull MM, but I want the GM because of the Pink inside & of course the extra small pouch. I want the Melie because I don't have a hobo type of bag. If you own both of these, which one do you find you use the most & if you own the Milie, does the top flap really closes & is it heavy to carry? Thank you & Happy Holidays!
I have both. The GM NF is going to be able to carry a lot more. I think I can even fit more in my MM NF than my Melie. I like the Melie because of it's style. I like wearing it with the long strap, and i try to not carry too much in it b/c it will bulge. I like a more narrow profile look when I carry it with the long strap. As for the top, yes, I "trained" mine to flap, or fold over, so the top doesn't stick straight up. Mine doesn't get too heavy.

Reactions: Bonjourkiana
Mar 31, 2011
Atlanta
The Melie has had problems with the pattern rubbing off on the corners. It happened to me after 2 weeks. Also, some owners have said the corners have developed little pin prick holes, and it's not from abusive use. I would read through the clubhouse and avoid buying this bag. :smile:

Reactions: Bonjourkiana

turbotaz

May 7, 2016
How long have you had it and you haven't had any problems with the corners?
I have had it since June and use it everyday with 4 small kids. So, I don't baby it. I got my first Melie in May and had problems with the corners but haven't had any issues with the second.

KimTX

Mar 19, 2013
My corners are actually faded but they are on the bottom of the bag and I really don't care. I'd be upset with the tiny holes I've seen in the clubhouse though. I plan to only carry it in the fall/winter months, and carry my DA NF with RB interior in the spring/summer, and switch out with other bags as well. I guess I'm saying, it's not my bag 365 days out of the year, and the problem is not structural, so it doesn't bother me. My 1st Pochette Metis had a faulty locking mechanism, and my second had the first signs of cracking within 6 months, so I sold both of those.

lovesbmw

O.G.
Jun 2, 2008
Tennessee
I have both. The GM NF is going to be able to carry a lot more. I think I can even fit more in my MM NF than my Melie. I like the Melie because of it's style. I like wearing it with the long strap, and i try to not carry too much in it b/c it will bulge. I like a more narrow profile look when I carry it with the long strap. As for the top, yes, I "trained" mine to flap, or fold over, so the top doesn't stick straight up. Mine doesn't get too heavy.
I love my meltie,it's so classy no problems with the rubbing or pin holes so I personally would get Meltie

Reactions: trudi50