Style Melania Style Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of the Royals in Europe already dressed well and it's not really Melania influencing that at all I mean Queen Leti of Spain is already modern and so are some others

Totally agree. I actually think it's Melania who copies the European royals fashion. She didn't dress like that before her husband started his campaign. I mean she used to be very minimalistic, you know....

For me, she just looks like an extra for The Real Housewives.

It's funny you say that. That's exactly what one of my fashionable male friends said last year - she looks a real housewives with the money to buy ready to wear apparel. The clothing is often beautiful but it's usually just a click and a huge credit card bill away. I'd really prefer more couture. I'd like her to be a trend setter versus a seasonal shopper.

I was not a fan of the white dress - looked like something a 6 year would wear on Easter, besides the shoes. The pink dress was lovely. And it was nice to see her genuinely smile.

Catherine had already dressed like that long before we knew who Melania was. I don't understand why American press always think the world revolves around their celebrities.

It wasn't "American press" who made this report. Theyin fact hardly mention Melania because she isn't around and frankly I think we've moved on here to issues other than fashion as regards the first family. The reporter had an English accent, and the titles had many misspellings. Don't know where it originated. American press do not know or care about European royalty except for Harry, William and the Queen.

Narrator even misprounced Melania.

It wasn't "American press" who made this report. Theyin fact hardly mention Melania because she isn't around and frankly I think we've moved on here to issues other than fashion as regards the first family. The reporter had an English accent, and the titles had many misspellings. Don't know where it originated. American press do not know or care about European royalty except for Harry, William and the Queen.

Narrator even misprounced Melania.

Hm..... Interesting. Didn't know the miss spellings and all that since every time I tried to watch the video, the app crashed. I just assumed it was the American press since we in Europe don't really get the coverage of what she wears. And Europeans are very snobbish when it comes to their fashion, so it's inconceivable for them that the European royals would copy the way Melania dresses.
But in general American press do think the world revolves around their celebrities. Remember when some singer from East Europe who accused Kim K of stealing her style? Or the facts that every time an American celebrity does a cultural appropriation they call it edgy.

Status
Not open for further replies.