Meet Up in Vancouver, BC?

Bagspassion

Dec 20, 2012
Hello fellow tPFers!

I was browsing through theses threads and noticed there hasn't been a Vancouver meet-up for over 4 years! So do you think it's time to meet up? Especially for those who are new to tPF like me. I think it will be fun to meet new people who have the same passions!

That could be fun. Would people prefer the bigger Hotel Vancouver store or (the sometimes preferred) Holt Renfrew (trouble being it's small, without a private area).

I'd tag some people if I knew how...

That could be fun. Would people prefer the bigger Hotel Vancouver store or (the sometimes preferred) Holt Renfrew (trouble being it's small, without a private area).

I'd tag some people if I knew how...
Well... Holts has better customer service but Hotel Vancouver has a better selection and true, has more space.

The previous meet-up had afternoon tea/sandwiches/pastries at the Hotel. I think that's a great idea and setting! LV/Gucci/Hermes are all right there. And Holts is pretty close too.

I don't know how to tag or invite either. Well, if the both of us chat enough on this, I'm sure we will attract attention! Lol!

Good idea! I was at the last one 4 years ago and am still in contact with many of our awsome vancouver tpfers. about 11 last time:smile:

make sure we follow the tpf gathering rules though

Good idea! I was at the last one 4 years ago and am still in contact with many of our awsome vancouver tpfers. about 11 last time:smile:

make sure we follow the tpf gathering rules though
I agree! However, I haven't been around long enough so I might need someone else to take charge. Fellow members may not be as keen to deal with me as I'm fairly new to the Forum. Nonetheless, I'm here to help in anyway!

So can you try to contact our fellow Vancouverites?

They actually allow you to bring sandwiches and food into the store? Sorry, I'm new. Hope you don't mind my asking but what do you usually do at these meet-ups. Sounds reaally fun.

They actually allow you to bring sandwiches and food into the store? Sorry, I'm new. Hope you don't mind my asking but what do you usually do at these meet-ups. Sounds reaally fun.

Some stores provide beverages and food. I tend to shop at Holt so I'm not sure what they do at Hotel V.

I'm not sure about allowing food in the stores. But I thought it would be nice to meet at the Hotel Vancouver restaurant for High Tea. Would be a good meeting spot.

i think in this case we would meet at the Hotel for tea. I went to an event in Las Vegas (it was organized by a VIC), LV provided beverages (tea, coffee, champagne) and chocolates.

Hmmm... I do kinda know one SA there. Let me try to get a hold of her. The SA at Gucci I know is also really nice. I'll talk to both and see what they can do for us. But if anyone else has a better connection, please feel free to contact them on our behalf.

Margieville said:
I had been wondering about meet ups in VanCity. Would love to be included!!

That's great! We need to spread the word!

So I talked to my SA at Gucci and he is willing to host something. Sounds like it will be a simple hosted event where they will introduce us the new Spring line.

Going to LV tomorrow and I'll see what they can offer. (Mini-shopping trip ;)

IMO if we get together at Hotel Vancouver for lunch/high tea and familiarize ourselves with each other. Then walk over to all the boutiques.