Meet my new friend!

haha, thanks! I honestly am scared as well for when he grows up that he will nip & bite at everything, much less be too heavy to carry down the stairs when he doesn't want to. It's so funny cus every time I go to the basement, he just stays up there for such a long time (the longest was 20 minutes) without moving. He's just looking at me the whole time, its too cute!! That's why I'm reinforcing everything now, so he grows up to be a good pup!

THank you everyone for the lovely comments!!!

oh he won't, it will seem like forever but he will learn to stop biting soon! i have a 6 month old pup and he knows not to bite down anymore and his puppy teeth are gone so they're not sharp anymore! i was CRYING coz i thought he was never gonna stop. my arms had so many cuts because of his biting. but it's done now. whew!

oh he won't, it will seem like forever but he will learn to stop biting soon! i have a 6 month old pup and he knows not to bite down anymore and his puppy teeth are gone so they're not sharp anymore! i was CRYING coz i thought he was never gonna stop. my arms had so many cuts because of his biting. but it's done now. whew!

LOL I hope he really will stop. He also has a problem with nipping other people that he doesn't know or fond of. I'm trying to train him to stop that, but it's taking a while. Progression is key I guess.

Holy cuteness overload! I want to reach through the screen and snuggle with him! Congrats on your new babe!

Also, trust me, he'll get through the mouthing stage quicker than you think. They're like babies, time flies! I'm not sure if you were inviting suggestions about the issue, but what I finally got to ease up her pain and to get her to quit chewing on everything she saw was to freeze toys and washcloths. Soak a rope toy, washcloth, smushy toy in water, and throw it in the freezer then give it to him. We made it thru with minor baseboard and rug casualties =)

Thank you for the tips! I will surely take them into consideration. Is that what you did to also keep him from chewing folded clothes?! Aahh! haha. He is only 3 months. He still has much much to learn! I hop he gets through the basic important stuff soon!

I have also been giving him little amounts of peanut butter each day to get him to be used to licking, instead of nipping. Heard this info from many other forums for dogs & hopefully it works

Like I said, he doesn't like going down the stairs..:lol:

securedownload-10.jpg

Thank you for the tips! I will surely take them into consideration. Is that what you did to also keep him from chewing folded clothes?! Aahh! haha. He is only 3 months. He still has much much to learn! I hop he gets through the basic important stuff soon!

I have also been giving him little amounts of peanut butter each day to get him to be used to licking, instead of nipping. Heard this info from many other forums for dogs & hopefully it works

LOL, I do not have the answer to chewing folded clothes, mine still makes laundry a twice as long effort!

haha, thanks! I honestly am scared as well for when he grows up that he will nip & bite at everything, much less be too heavy to carry down the stairs when he doesn't want to. It's so funny cus every time I go to the basement, he just stays up there for such a long time (the longest was 20 minutes) without moving. He's just looking at me the whole time, its too cute!! That's why I'm reinforcing everything now, so he grows up to be a good pup!

THank you everyone for the lovely comments!!!

i think it wasn't until my pup was 4 months when he climbed down the stairs willingly!!! he is my first pup, so learning all these things about puppies are kinda fun... lol

Aww, welcome to Animalicious, Rufus! Gosh, what a cutie-pie. Do you think he'll stay nearly all white?

Talking about chewing, I swear some dogs take forever to get that out of their systems, and some don't do much except when they are teething.

I think most of the bad media about pit bulls is due to bad owners. A bad owner can ruin any dog and shouldn't be allowed to own animals. The kennel we take Sabo to has a pit bull that stays there often and he and Sabo are best buds.

Aww, welcome to Animalicious, Rufus! Gosh, what a cutie-pie. Do you think he'll stay nearly all white?

Talking about chewing, I swear some dogs take forever to get that out of their systems, and some don't do much except when they are teething.

I think most of the bad media about pit bulls is due to bad owners. A bad owner can ruin any dog and shouldn't be allowed to own animals. The kennel we take Sabo to has a pit bull that stays there often and he and Sabo are best buds.

Yes, I agree about media stereotyping these dogs. So sad that so many of them are in shelters. On chewing/biting, I recently bought the bitter apple spray and used it on my arms & legs when I play with him & I'm wearing shorts. It seems to only work after a few minutes, then he goes back to biting me, maybe even more than before! I try leaving the room for a few minutes when he does that, but I don't want him to think I'm playing hide & seek with him. LOL

THANKS FOR ALL THE COMMENTS WITH RUFUS! :biggrin: