Meet Miss Maia-Annabel....and prepare to *squeeee*!

So happy you'll have this sweetheart coming to your home. Bless your heart. Kitty doesn't know it yet, but she won the lottery.

I learn a lot reading the cat threads (always had dogs, no cats)--Birman is a new one for me.

Well, now I don't think it was just Annabel choosing a Kittie for me, I believe the 'Gang of Three', Clyde, Lupe and Annabel, have been working away up at the Bridge to bring Maia-Annabel and I together - is it possible, I wonder, that they knew Bon would be joining them so quickly?
I haven't mentioned it here but I put so many obstacles in the way of my getting a kitten, but it seemed every problem I set up was knocked down immediately and everything was pointing towards Maia-Annabel.
I could barely function yesterday morning and I know had I not made the promise to go and see her, I would've stayed in bed sobbing.
It's impossible not to smile when I see her....she knew me straight away and came for a snuggle, a wriggle and a nip :P, I brought her a toy - a Kitty Kopter, oh she loved it, she has sooo much energy it was a joy to watch her.
I don't have much experience with kitties, but she had been taken to the vet for her second shot and whilst there the vet mentioned she had mild conjuntivitis - is this common in kittens? Because he didn't want to treat it but said it will clear up on its own. Normally I would ring our lovely vet to check with her, but I can't bring myself to pick up the phone yet - I know if I hear her voice I'll turn into the sobbing, wheezing wreck I was on Friday....Does anyone have any advice?
I took a couple of photos that I'll try to upload later - but there will be lots more in a couple of weeks when she comes home with me....we can all watch her grow up together :love::cloud9::love:

I have so many kitties that have crossed that bridge..........every room in my house has a little cedar box with their ashes. I had lost Rocky my orange boy a few years ago. I missed having an orange kitty so I was keeping an eye out for one, when what walked into my life but an orange boy. Scrawny and mangy as heck. He looks much better now, but he will never win any beauty contest. He is sleeping on my bed now. There isn't a finite amount of love in a heart, so while I loved those kitties that are gone so much there is always room for more kitty love!

I'm so happy for you that this little girl has been brought into your life. She is incredibly adorable, and I know she will help your heart heal a little from all the loss you've experienced. I'm already anxious for more pictures!

Congratulations on your beautiful Maia-Annabel. :love:
Is she a chocolate point Birman?

Thank you!
Well, her nose is a deep chocolate brown (is there a difference between seal point and chocolate point, I wonder?) but the rest of her is still blonde... I guess she'll grow into her points :biggrin:. I am bringing her home, all being well, on August 13th.... there will be an explosion of cuteness on this thread that weekend!

Seal is a bit darker. More like dark chocolate than milk chocolate. :P I can't wait to see more pics of the little angel. 10 more days!!!! How ever will we stand it?? LOL

Thank you!
Well, her nose is a deep chocolate brown (is there a difference between seal point and chocolate point, I wonder?) but the rest of her is still blonde... I guess she'll grow into her points :biggrin:. I am bringing her home, all being well, on August 13th.... there will be an explosion of cuteness on this thread that weekend!

Thank you!

Looking forward to seeing more pics of "the little blonde butterbean".

( I'm the "mother" of a big blonde butterbean, she is 5 years old.):smile:

Ooh, do you have a photo please? I'd love to see her!

:biggrin:

146-Kopi.jpg