Meet jack and emma

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Feb 15, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
    I hope that these pics aren't too graphic, but I feel that it is important to see what distemper and lack of responsible owners can do. As we were dropping off carpet to the shelter, we came across these two little darlings. They were both so very sick that we decided to take them to the vet's office. Unfortunately, they both have distemper. Emma (the red doxie mix) was not as sick as poor little Jack (Chi mix) so she is being fostered by my son. She must be given daily medications and her prognosis is good.

Jack, however, was not so lucky. The vet actually gave him only a 20% chance of survival but we decided that he was well worth our efforts to get him well and adopted to a loving family. I just came back from visiting him and loving him. Poor little guy seems to be such a fighter and has survived the weekend (we dropped him off on Saturday). He actually looks much better than he did when we took him to the vet.

Here are pics of Emma:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Here are pics of poor little Jack............

These were taken at the shelter.

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. Thank you for opening up your heart and offering your time and effort to help these sweet pups. Emma has such a sweet face and her color is gorgeous! Poor Jack. He is so tiny and has such kind eyes. :sad: I hope he starts to get better and better as each day passes. Please keep us updated on and let us know how they're doing. :hugs:

4. These are pics from today at the vets office -
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Believe it or not, Jack looks much better today (in these pics) than he did when we first saw him at the shelter.

I will keep you updated on Emma and Jack's progress. Please say a prayer for them both.

5. Thank you so much. I will keep everyone updated on their progress and I hope that the pics aren't too graphic and get pulled.

6. Those little faces get me right where it counts. I'm off to your website to donate.

7. Bless you heart, and bless these innocent animals. There was an animal abuse story on our local news tonight that I won't describe, but it made me ill. I cannot understand the minds of people who hurt or neglect their animals.

I hope both Jack and Emma get well.

8. Omg!!! Cutie!!!!!!!!

9. They will both be in my prayers. I'm so glad there are people like you out there to help them.

10. Oh those poor babies :sad: I hope they get better soon!!

11. Praying for the babies :smile:

12. So sad....but glad they are both getting treated...those puppy eyes get me everytime...

Keep us posted on both Jack and Emma!

13. Please keep us posted, you are a wonderful person

14. Well Emma is doing much better at this point and I just received a call from the vet's office that Jack can be picked up today. Only problem is that I don't have a foster family for Jack. He had such severe distemper that I really don't want to ask anyone who has dogs. I'm already worried about little Emma being at my son's house who already has a 15+ year old Chi. Of course, Emma is isolated from Cujo (Chi), but I still worry.

I will take pics and post them later.

15. My prayers for Jack and Emma for a speedy and full recovery.