Medium Truffle Veneta or Medium Violet Belly Veneta

sasquaty

O.G.
Oct 21, 2009
I recently purchased a Medium Veneta in Truffle. While waiting for it to arrive I happened upon a Medium Belly Veneta in Violet which I could not pass up. Both have arrived and I am completely torn. I really should only keep one, should being the key word here, and just don't know which to go with.
I wear a lot of black, gray, blue, pink & purple with some green here and there so I think both would go well.

I will post pics of both shortly.

My main question is that over time do these tend to slouch more? Sorry if this is a stupid question, these are my first BV purchases and definitely the most expensive bags I've purchased but have decided I am worth it.
I love each for different reasons but think I am leaning towards the Belly.
Guess just looking for some feedback on those of you that have one of these how it works out for you.

TIA

I have two medium venetas and Yes they do slouch more over time. I have tried the belly style but found that I liked the slimmer profile under my arm better. (It seemed to me like my elbow stuck out too much with the belly.) Once broken in, my venetas fit comfortably under my arm (even with a coat on) and carry all I need. In fact, with the taller veneta I can even fit my Kindle on occasion. Harder to do that with the belly. Both style and color a personal decision. I love all shades in brown but by the colors you wear sounds like the violet color might work better for you.

I have the large size Veneta in Truffle and wear it a lot--goes with nearly everything. I don't have a Belly Veneta yet so I can't compare really. You'll have to decide which color is best for you.

I think all of BV's Nappa bags will slouch and drape more with time. The large may be able to slouch more than the medium but I believe they both will soften up more with time.

i am a traditional veneta fan.... but i think it depends on how much you carry and whether you prefer the slimmer/flat profile of the traditional veneta vs. the nice round belly. My medium veneta did not slouch much and i used her heavily.

I have a Medium Veneta and a Large Belly Veneta. So far I'm loving the Belly shape more. For the Veneta, I feel like I have to try to 'flat-pack' all my SLGs so it won't bulge.

I think if you load them enough, both bags will soften and slouch - the Veneta will get rounder and the Belly will get flatter.

What I'm wondering is which Violet you are talking about: is it Anemone, the bright royal purple from Spring '10 (I think)? This is very different from the neutral Truffle...

I think if you load them enough, both bags will soften and slouch - the Veneta will get rounder and the Belly will get flatter.

What I'm wondering is which Violet you are talking about: is it Anemone, the bright royal purple from Spring '10 (I think)? This is very different from the neutral Truffle...

I am not sure which season the violet is but it is not bright at all, it is a darker deeper purple. I am going to try to post pics. I know this is purely personal preference but appreciate everyones feedback regarding what they currently own.

I agree that the med is too small to slouch very much but it doesn't mean they won't get soft and they Will!

To me the colors are so different, and if you don't mind either style, it perhaps a matter of which color you like more.

If you don't have brown bags already, then truffle would be a great choice.

So I have been walking around the house with both and it appears the Truffle Medium Veneta has won out. I absolutely love the violet color but I can't get used to that Belly shape. Plus I tend to wear brighter colors for tops so the Truffle actually compliments nicely especially since it has a slight pink/purply undertone to it, at least that is what it looks like with certain items of clothing. I own no brown or black bags and already have 2 purple bags. Thank you for all of your input. I can't wait to wear her out and about.

^sasquaty, Truffle does have a purple undertone to it! When I opened the box and took mine out the bedroom light really highlighted it. So it will look great with anything in the pink/rose/purple color family as well as black, brown, green, etc.

Outstanding choice! We're fraternal bag twins--I have the large.