Medium Sofia on Petite Frames

Kfka_btsea

May 8, 2018
Hi,

I am considering getting a sofia... ideally I would like to get the mini or small sizes, but I am getting it pre-owned as based on my understanding this model has been discontinued, and it's also cheaper. The most common size available pre-owned where I am is a medium but I have a very strong feeling it's going to be too big for me

I'm 5 ft 4 inches and fairly petite - usually 00P in Banana Republic. My hips are very narrow, so its easy for bags to dwarf me. The largest bag I've been able to carry would be the Polene No.1; it basically follows the outline of my hips lol. Even then I have to carry that on the crook of my arm and not slung over my shoulder.

Are there any petite sofia-owners out there who can comment on how it looks on them? Would love to be pleasantly surprised.

Jennifer Aniston is 5’5” and carry a medium or large. It depends on your need. My mom is your height and carry the small? As a purse small would be more proportionate and medium large are more like a “work tote.”

Small or medium is perfect for your size. The large Sofia is too big. I have a small and a medium and I am 5'4", normal size, and they are perfect. The small is cute and doesn't fit much, the medium is a nice handbag to carry even with the shoulder strap, not too heavy or overwhelming. Either size, it's a good choice for you. Hope you get one!

Small or medium is perfect for your size. The large Sofia is too big. I have a small and a medium and I am 5'4", normal size, and they are perfect. The small is cute and doesn't fit much, the medium is a nice handbag to carry even with the shoulder strap, not too heavy or overwhelming. Either size, it's a good choice for you. Hope you get one!

Thanks for the datapoint too! I guess I was looking more for a casual bag - just to fit my phone and wallet and small stuff. But am now re-evaluating if I would get the medium as a work bag as well

Reactions: thewave1969
Do you still have both bags? Could you do a little What Fits comparison post? Just an easy pick if what would fit in each, or a description, or whatever us easy for you.

TIA!

Do you still have both bags? Could you do a little What Fits comparison post? Just an easy pick if what would fit in each, or a description, or whatever us easy for you.

TIA!
Hi. Yes, I have the small in a beige color and 2 mediums in orange and black. If you are familiar with the LV Capucines, think of the small approx like the BB and the medium like the MM, only that the Capucines has the middle divider when open, while the Sofia doesn’t making it easier to reach your items inside. The small fits a phone, wallet, keys and sunglasses nicely, while the medium is more spacious. Either size you decide, they are awesome bags

Thanks so much!

I am actually looking for either an orange or berry. Their bright colors are terrific!

I have been thinking a lot about the Sofia and wanted something smallish, so have been looking for the small. It looked just about right. And while I love the look of the Capucines, I have tried out the Capucines BB and it is way to small for me. You may have saved me from that wrong purchase! I thought the Sofia small might be kind of comparable to the Speedy 25, which would be perfect.

So, how does the Sofia medium compare to a Speedy 30? It appears to be bigger, so sounds huge to me. Is that not so much the case because of the shape?

Thanks so much!

I am actually looking for either an orange or berry. Their bright colors are terrific!

I have been thinking a lot about the Sofia and wanted something smallish, so have been looking for the small. It looked just about right. And while I love the look of the Capucines, I have tried out the Capucines BB and it is way to small for me. You may have saved me from that wrong purchase! I thought the Sofia small might be kind of comparable to the Speedy 25, which would be perfect.

So, how does the Sofia medium compare to a Speedy 30? It appears to be bigger, so sounds huge to me. Is that not so much the case because of the shape?
Sofias are somehow slightly more spacious comparing Capucines as they don’t have the middle leather divider and the opening is bigger therefore it’s easier to reach things inside. Speedy and Sofia are totally different in shape. A speedy 30 is roomier. If you purchase a Sofia make sure there is a return policy in case it will not work for you. On another note, IMO, they are great bags