Medium Paraty - thin tubular cross body strap OR military shoulder strap?!?

Military strap is very modern and cool, but not being able to remove it bothers me because a lot of times I prefer my paratys to be handheld. And removing that tubular strap removes a lot of weight which is a plus.

My vote goes to tubular cross body strap. :smile:

I also Vote for the tubular strap. It has a great length, you can very nicely throw the bag over your shoulder, and in addition to it being removable, I also think: The military strap might look quite cool, but it is also quite dominant, especially when you have a bag in a lighter colour with a darker strap. Thatcher und is just my taste, but I think it takes away some of the great shape of the paraty itself...

Thanks guys for your insights! I quite like the military strap myself only because I'm not keen on medium sized E/W totes as cross bodies - I prefer a more N/S shape for a cross body as it's less cumbersome IMO (like Marc by MJ Hillier Hobos etc)... I think if I do go for the military I would only get it in a dark colour. I've seen one in black/dark grey which is an almost 2-tone which is really striking..

I can't find the pic online but here's one similar that was selling at Mytheresa a while back see here.
Where it's brown it's dark grey and where it's cream the one I'm looking at is black.

What are your thoughts? The strap is a bit shorter than the adjustable military which I like so it doesn't hang as low when on the shoulder. It's a bit different, a bit cool and edgy.
Not sure what colours it would work with though so would like to hear your views!

TIA :smile:

I love that the long tubular strap is long enough for crossbody but I can't exactly remove it either (as an option because the tubular strap doesn't curl nicely). My Paraty is brand new and I don't want to rip or "overly" stretch the leather while trying to yank the strap off. I considered taking my bag to a cobbler just so that I can remove the strap. Once it comes off that first time, I imagine that I can put in on/off myself.

Have always wanted a Military Paraty though because I LOVE colorblock. I assumed these were discontinued; in any case, they are rare or non-existent locally.