Medium/large Marcie colours and a bit of advice please???

Midlands lass

In the dark........
Aug 28, 2010
Hi all - I am wondering if anyone knows exactly what colours marcie comes in for SS11???

In Selfridges today, I saw a brick colour - possibly whiskey? in medium and large totes. Nice but not for me thinking about the colours in my wardrobe.

In Harvey Nics, there were two large marcie totes in a pale beigey/brown (nut I think) and a darker browny/grey colour. Both were quite lovely but I think the darker one would suit me more. The SA described the shade as 'dark grey' and a SS11 bag but it really seemed to have some brown in it.

Trouble is, I couldn't find the 'official' colours marked on the shops tags. And I find the chloe website confusing - the colour I loved is not in the SS11 look book. And the harcey nics SA couldn' tell me if the nice coloured bag came in medium too.

I find it all very confusing, can anyone shed any light for me???

Also - the marcie is a pretty pricey bag. How does it wear? does the leather age well? If it all goes wrong, how are chloe customer services?

I am used to Mulberry and they are very helpful.

I am torn between saving hard for the marcie or going for the soon to be released mulberry bella (less glam but a hardwearing leather and significantly cheaper)

I did order the tan crossbody marcie after some good advice on here and am excitedly awaiting its delivery. YAY!!!!!!!!!!:nuts:

thanks x

Midlands, if you ordered the crossbody Marcie, you will soon know if you like it and how it wears. I love the Marcie and have the Moka which is dark brown. It sounds like the dark color you were describing is Ash. I'm in the US and sometimes I think the UK gets more color choices, but a dark brown/grey does sound like the Ash. Let us know what you think of the tan crossbody!

Thanks gatsby ! Was asking about wear etc as I fell in love with the possibly ash big Marcie so much, I may need to purchase it before giving the little one chance to wear in!!!!!
I have so little self control on matters of shopping hehehe!!

Midlands I have the cross body Marcie I got it from NAP in September- in the Whisky and I love it -I haven't worn it as a crossbody that much but its a great bag and the leather is amazing.The crossbody is great in the weather we have been having at the moment and its very versatile bag - you won't be disappointed ;)

Midlands, I don't know all the colors available, but I recently bought the Tan and it is a rich, caramel color with some red tones. The whiskey is more of a brick red. Moka is a gorgeous, rich, dark chocolate. Nut is a more buttery tan color, more yellow than red. All the Chloe neutrals are amazing! Can't wait to see your new purchase!

There's some really beautiful neutral colours for the Marcie that would be so practical.. but ever since seeing rach's large red hobo, I waaaaant it. :drool:

My Marcie satchel hasn't even arrived yet either, ML, and I already know I'm definitely saving up for that one, haha.

There's some really beautiful neutral colours for the Marcie that would be so practical.. but ever since seeing rach's large red hobo, I waaaaant it. :drool:

My Marcie satchel hasn't even arrived yet either, ML, and I already know I'm definitely saving up for that one, haha.

I know. I am sooooo tempted to go back in case it sells out. Need to check how much of a battering credit card has recently taken!!!

I've been wondering about the same issues regarding customer service ML. We're so used to dealing with Mulberry and their problems. Perhaps Chloe don't experience as many problems as Mulberry? I haven't revealed my black Marcie shoulder here yet,only in the Mulberry other buys thread. Must get round to it before the next one arrives! It seems like the love for Chloe, particularly Marcie and Paraty is snowballing out of control here!

I've been wondering about the same issues regarding customer service ML. We're so used to dealing with Mulberry and their problems. Perhaps Chloe don't experience as many problems as Mulberry? I haven't revealed my black Marcie shoulder here yet,only in the Mulberry other buys thread. Must get round to it before the next one arrives! It seems like the love for Chloe, particularly Marcie and Paraty is snowballing out of control here!

And a thing of beauty it is too teddies. Noticing the Chloe love has inspired me to question on the mulberry thread, if and who you would be unfaithful to mulberry with!!!!:graucho:

I bought the large Marcie satchel in brick/whiskey back in February when the Marcie bags first came out. It was a love at first sight and I have been in a passionate love affair with it ever since :P. I love the color and the size as I always prefer larger handbags. It can carry everything I need for school, my Macbook and textbooks. I would definitely recommend it!