Medium classic flap from what year and leather? Please help.....

luvbags29

O.G.
Feb 23, 2012
I'm looking to purchase a preloved medium classic flap in either caviar or lambskin with gold hardware. This is my dream bag and I'm not sure what leather to get... I also am wondering if there are years that were better than others as far as quality of leather, hardware, etc? I'm looking at a few preloved bags made in the years 2002-2003, 1989-1991, 1993, 1997-1999, 2009-2010 and 2008. Are any of these years better than others as far as quality or craftsmanship of materials or how they tend to hold up?
Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

I hope someone can provide some insight for you on the quality over the years. In terms of lamb or caviar- are you looking for an everyday bag? Are you the type of person who would be devastated over scratches?

I hope someone can provide some insight for you on the quality over the years. In terms of lamb or caviar- are you looking for an everyday bag? Are you the type of person who would be devastated over scratches?
I definitely would like to carry this item on a more regular basis. I try to use my bags on a weekly rotation before switching into something else depending on weather. I would prefer not to have to baby my bags and just use them without worry. Not sure how lambskin holds up.

I have lambskin and really like it....the year is around 2000to2001..when I got this it was so miraculous condition...no tear,smell or any problem...I'm using most of everyday and gets lots of compliments..hope this help20170211_134659.jpeg

I don't know about other years, I can only tell you that my m/l caviar flap from 2010 was made of very good quality leather. It feels sooooooo very different to today's caviar!!! It definitely has more substance and no plastic feeling.
This pic was taken a few months ago - 7 years on and it still looks immaculate!
IMG_1490790546.640033.jpg

I don't know about other years, I can only tell you that my m/l caviar flap from 2010 was made of very good quality leather. It feels sooooooo very different to today's caviar!!! It definitely has more substance and no plastic feeling.
This pic was taken a few months ago - 7 years on and it still looks immaculate!
View attachment 3649823

The one I'm looking at in caviar with gold hardware is a 12 series. Do you know what year that would be? Do you think the caviar in that time period was made better and more "puffy"? The seller only mentioned an issue with an inner flap mark near the CC design on the inside that probably was too deep to repair. I'm trying to make the best purchase for my money... thanks for the help!