Medium Bayswater

dchoi

May 13, 2009
Hi ladies, I am new in here. I just bought a medium bayswater in Natural Veg Tanned last friday (I saw the tag G110 Oak is written down). I've never used it.It is such a beautiful bag and easy match. Can anyone tell me that is the colour will turn deeper after I use for sometimes? since I saw you guys' bag, the colour is depper than mine. It seems the undertone is in orange colour. I confirm with a SA in Mulberry, he said that Tanned is the one of 3 basic colour. But now, the bag is in light tanned. Would I take it out and to get sunshine??
Thank you.

Hi Dchoi, welcome, and what a lovely choice of bag too. Lovely!!!

Yes the colour is called Oak which is one of their standard classic colours. And with lots of use your bag will build up a lovely patina, as you mentioned - a well patina'd oak bag is gorgeous for sure! Some of the girls here, Jenova in particular, do 'sun' their bags, so put next to a window and let the sun stream down on it, taking care to turn it regularly to keep the exposure even - if she sees your thread I'm sure she'd have further advice.

Also if you see much rain, it is worth noting that oak will get rainspots on it, so the recommendation is to spray it with Collonil Waterstop spray first to prevent rainspots on the bag.

Congrats on such a lovely purchase.

Thank you so much Maplecottage. I will use Collonil Waterstop spray over it before I take it out. ( I bought it at once after I bought the bag). So, do you mean that if 'sun' it, the colour and patina will change?? But, is the leather will get dry and hard??? This is the first time I use Mulberry.