Medela Pump In Style vs. Freestyle

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access is now open to Nordstrom card members! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away eight $200 gift cards to 8 lucky TPFers during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi ladies...

The thread below on breast pumps has me wondering about what I should choose again. I had pretty much settled on a Medela Freestyle, however I see so many recommendations for the Pump In Style that it has me wondering how the two compare.

Can anyone provide some feedback on whether the Freestyle is as good as (or better than?) the Pump In Style?

Thanks! :smile:

2. LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MY FREESTYLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is absolutely worth every penny!!! i stuffed it in my bag and was easy to carry it everywhere! made pumping so much easier as well that it was handsfree!

3. PS. i have both pumps since i used the pump in style just a year before freestyle but my SIL convinced me and im sooo happy she did!

4. i've never used the freestyle but i have the pump in style (the backpack) and it works pretty well. i took a breastfeeding class at my hospital and they highly recommended the pump in style also..they even recommended it over the more expensive freestyle. i don't really know the reason why they didn't recomend the freestyle, but they did mention that the pump in style can be easily converted to a hands-free pump by just purchasing one of those special bras ($20 or so) to be used for pumping that holds the breast shields in place. so u could get the hands-free ability with the pump in style without having to pay the extra $$$ for the freestyle (i think the freestyle is $350 vs $280 or so for pump in style).

btw at BRU the pump in style is like $279 or something, but i was able to get it at my hospital for $250, plus i didn't have to pay tax since my doctor wrote a prescription for it.

5. We got 20% off the Medela Freestyle using an in-store coupon from a prior BRU purchase. It works great for me -- small, light and portable.

6. I'm not sure about the freestyle, I heard that it's good cos it's light n handsfree but the lactation centre uses pump in style and they encourage me to get that. I love my pump in style but the only thing about it is the Weight. Other than that, it's perfect!

7. I'm getting ready to use a coupon that expires this weekend to buy one so please more info on preferences between the two! I am leaning toward Freestyle. Even if you can convert a PIS to be handsfree with a special bra I appreciate the Freestyle being lightweight and more portable.

8. i absolutely LOVE my freestyle too... the handsfree is just amazing and leaves hands to do other things-- SO convenient.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice