Medallion Owners...Opinions Please!!!

Paris3

O.G.
Mar 11, 2010
I happened to see the Medallion Tote yesterday and was really drawn to it. My SA told me not to get it since it's been around forever and if I really loved it I would have bought it by now. I'm not sure I agree with that because our tastes change and/or maybe I just haven't seen it in the store before...she did mention they have not had it in stock in like a year. Anyways, I currently have a couple of GST's, but the Medallion Tote just looks a little sleeker...like a bag I could use everyday for every occasion, whereas the GST I wouldn't necessarily wear somewhere dressy. Also, I'm so tired of constantly switching bags & keep thinking how nice it would be to have one bag that serves all purposes....even fits ipad! However, I have 2 concerns about the Medallion and am hoping that you owners of the bag can give me you opinions based on your experience with the bag:

1.) How do you like the rolled straps vs the GST straps? I have a lot of shoulder probs and worried that rolled would be worse since all the weight would be concentrated on a thin strap, but I put all my things in it and it didn't seem to bother me...yet!

2.) I looked at some for sale on eBay to see if any modeling pics and saw pics of some of the straps that had fallen down - was concerned cuz I really liked the standing straps for the ease of quickly grabbing the bag. Is that typical of the straps falling over time??? :sad:

I can't comment on issue 1 but I believe that only the ones made in France have the issue with the straps falling.

I happened to see the Medallion Tote yesterday and was really drawn to it. My SA told me not to get it since it's been around forever and if I really loved it I would have bought it by now. I'm not sure I agree with that because our tastes change and/or maybe I just haven't seen it in the store before...she did mention they have not had it in stock in like a year. Anyways, I currently have a couple of GST's, but the Medallion Tote just looks a little sleeker...like a bag I could use everyday for every occasion, whereas the GST I wouldn't necessarily wear somewhere dressy. Also, I'm so tired of constantly switching bags & keep thinking how nice it would be to have one bag that serves all purposes....even fits ipad! However, I have 2 concerns about the Medallion and am hoping that you owners of the bag can give me you opinions based on your experience with the bag:

1.) How do you like the rolled straps vs the GST straps? I have a lot of shoulder probs and worried that rolled would be worse since all the weight would be concentrated on a thin strap, but I put all my things in it and it didn't seem to bother me...yet!

2.) I looked at some for sale on eBay to see if any modeling pics and saw pics of some of the straps that had fallen down - was concerned cuz I really liked the standing straps for the ease of quickly grabbing the bag. Is that typical of the straps falling over time??? :sad:

I own the Medallion Tote in black with GHW. I love it:cloud9::cloud9::love::heart: I've had it for about three years. At one time it was a very popular bag. I don't think so much any more. It is listed on the Chanel website as one of the classics. I do reccomend it. I'm going to buy a white if possible. The bag does not get much love tpf. I also own the GST that I got recently and I love the Medallion more for different reasons. Whenever I use my medallion I get loads of compliments. I think because it is not as common as the GST. I wish you well with your choice. Please let use know your decision. Mine is also made in Italy

I bought the black medallion a year ago and I've used it daily. I love it. I like it because it has a zipper and I can carry a lot of items in it. Regarding the handles, that's a personal issue. When they stretch out a little they can fall. I personally carry mine on my wrist most of the time. And sometimes, I put it over my shoulder. I don't think with a thick coat you will be able to get it over your shoulder though. My handles still stay up, but I'm extremely careful with my bags and keep them in mint condition. My bags looks new. The medallion comes and goes. It does very well here in the USA, but not in Europe. Once it sells out, then it can take a year for Chanel to bring it back.

I also like the looks of the Medallion Tote. Does any one know if they will be offering any other colors besides black? I think it would be gorgeous in red. tIa!

i love mine! it's really easy to use and i've gotten more use out of my medallion than others. definitely a bag worth getting if you want something classic and a bit more affordable.

I love my beige medallion with GHW. It's an every day bag, love how easy to open and close with the zipper. Everytime I used my medallion I got a compliment. I'm thinking of getting black in SHW. This two color are very classic.

I also like the looks of the Medallion Tote. Does any one know if they will be offering any other colors besides black? I think it would be gorgeous in red. tIa!
I inquired in Saks about a white one. I was told that now they would only be made in black with SHW or GHW. I love the black but have now desire to have 2 black ones.

I inquired in Saks about a white one. I was told that now they would only be made in black with SHW or GHW. I love the black but have now desire to have 2 black ones.

Well that's too bad! I'd love to get one in another color, maybe red or blue. They make the GST in a variety of colors, I wish they'd do that for this bag too!! I'll cross my fingers that something will come out in the near future! Thanks

I have never seen a Medallion in Red or Blue yet...maybe very light blue pastel but i can be mistaken. So far, I had seen black, white, biege light one, dark brown, light pink (pastel). I have a black one and droopy strap too AND I made an enquiry before that the strap could be replaced of course with a fee.:biggrin: Like other TPFers said above me, at first I too was concerned about the strap but eventually got use to it as I have been using this bag for travelling and I dont want to spend my whole time worrying if the strap would drop later on. :biggrin: I take it as seasoned naturally, LOVE THE BAG very much.

Well that's too bad! I'd love to get one in another color, maybe red or blue. They make the GST in a variety of colors, I wish they'd do that for this bag too!! I'll cross my fingers that something will come out in the near future! Thanks

I have a medallion and a GST and to be honest, I prefer the medallion. The straps pop right back up even after I store it in a closet that kind of pushes it down a little. I also find it easier to carry, maybe because it is 'sleeker'.

Hope that helps !

I have never seen a Medallion in Red or Blue yet...maybe very light blue pastel but i can be mistaken. So far, I had seen black, white, biege light one, dark brown, light pink (pastel). I have a black one and droopy strap too AND I made an enquiry before that the strap could be replaced of course with a fee.:biggrin: Like other TPFers said above me, at first I too was concerned about the strap but eventually got use to it as I have been using this bag for travelling and I dont want to spend my whole time worrying if the strap would drop later on. :biggrin: I take it as seasoned naturally, LOVE THE BAG very much.

Pink sounds pretty. Oh well, I'll just keep hoping for new colors to come along - maybe this spring???

I have a PST and most recently got the Medallion tote. I wear my Medallion everyday! I love it! I wish the strap drop was bigger but it still works. I don't know about question 2 since I have only had my bag for 3 weeks.