Mebane, NC Outlet

noelsbells

Is thinking Italy...
Aug 23, 2009
Today the Mebane outlets opened :yahoo: A friend of mine works near the exit and said it was a madhouse! So here we go! Anybody venturing out and want to give updates, let this be the place. I plan on going next weekend! Probably wont be anything there, but I want to check it out anyways.

why am I not surprised!! :rolleyes: Well heres hoping for future trips they will get some good stuff (cross fingers really tight) how was it there over the weekend? busy?

Just as an update...this place was packed yesterday! but it was all MFF (of course)..they didnt even have soft cute scarves (which is what I had hoped to find)....the ones i saw were poor material and scratchy! I saw absolutely nothing I needed (thank goodness)...but apparently I was the only one..the people in there were buying everything up like it was going out of style. I hope they start getting better stuff in...b/c it was a BIG disappointment, even the MFF stuff looked cheaper than usual.

They are horrible. Not worth the trip. They have no FP deletes whatsoever, and haven't had a single one since they opened weeks ago. All MFF. SA even confirmed for me that they hadn't had any. I think this is one outlet that may remain MFF only. I won't go back. Much prefer Gaffney or Concord Mills. No comparison. The Mebane outlet is simply trying to ride on the fact that it's a brand new outlet center and the hype will sell their bags. I spent two minutes, and walked out. Not impressed at all.

I agree with the previous poster too. Even the MFF things looked shoddy. If I didn't know it actually was a Coach outlet, I would have thought they were cheap fakes. I was really disappointed. Now there is a really nice Cole Haan outlet next store to the Coach store, however, they are all MFF bags as well. Their Loft and Banana Republic are all MFF clothing items as well. On the whole, I wouldn't bother with this outlet center, except for a fairly nice and large Off-Saks. The parking is absolutely horrible though, because the outlet is new and they don't have enough parking area. All in all, horrible headache and the merchandise across the board is not good, especially at the Coach store. I was amazed at the way people were buying when there wasn't much that actually resembled any FP Coach items.

Last edited:
I agree I wouldnt waste my time or gas. I have given up on outlets I think. I have no luck at any of them around here. Let us know what you find at CM!

But on another note: the Cole Hann doesnt just have MFF bags..they had several last season bags - I actually saw the bag I bought last year at a department store there a couple weeks ago - so I will probably keep an eye on that store later on once the "shine" of this outlet wears off

Just an update- I was there on Fri (my first visit since it opened) and they DID have FP deletes. I saw a few kristin satchels and a mia convertible shoulder. THere may have been more, but it was crowded and crazy and I didn't have time to browse- I had a cranky 4 year old and had to grab a gift for my MIL and go pick up my other son.
So hopefully they will get more FP in the future.

Honestly when an outlet is new I think it takes a bit more time for the good deletes to start popping in. CMills was the same way when they opened. Took a bit of time for the nice stuff to really start trickling in.

Just a mini update- I was there Wed and they had poppy tartan satchels in pink. the SA said they had gotten the blue tartan totes a couple weeks ago too (I was looking for the blue tartan satchel, which they didn't have and she didn't think they had gotten). They still had a black kristin satchel, and it seems like a couple other deletes, but I don't remember- I was really just focused on the satchel. But the SA said to check back because they will be getting more shipments. so it looks like they will continue to have FP deletes like the other outlets.