Mean Queen Leona Leaves $12 Million to Pooch, Zilch to Grandkids

Well it's her money and she can do whatever she likes with it. Her kids and grand-kids should go out and make their own money. I hate it when people think they are entitled to their parents money.

It is true she doesn't/didn't owe her family anything....however, she could have given the money to charity! Think of all the ppl she could have helped with that!!!! But she gives it to a DOG? I love my dog more than anything, but I think the most she would do w/ the money is chew it up....lol.

The two jilted grandchildren - whose late father, Jay Panzirer, was Helmsley's only son - have had a tumultuous relationship with Helmsley.
The Queen of Mean infamously had their mother, Mimi, evicted from a Helmsley property after Panzirer's 1982 funeral.

Dude, that is so wrong.

Originally Posted by Eugin
The two jilted grandchildren - whose late father, Jay Panzirer, was Helmsley's only son - have had a tumultuous relationship with Helmsley.
The Queen of Mean infamously had their mother, Mimi, evicted from a Helmsley property after Panzirer's 1982 funeral.

Dude, that is so wrong.

I respectfully disagree with the comment. You do not know what was happening behind doors. A lot of people out there take advantage of their wealthy relatives... you do not have to be super rich for this to happen to you... people will do anything for money, even manipulate their own sibblings into paying for their decadent lifestyle... yet when the person opens their eyes and puts and end to it, outsiders think they are being mean. I am sure she had reasons to cut that person out of her life.

not surprised! some people consider their pets family. i guess she considered her dog as her child, for real! and i agree, i'm sure her family members were trying to poison her the first chance they got.

We don't know the whole story.

What if her grandchildren & great-grandchildren are little Paris Hiltons in the making? If they knew she had $8 Billion dollars, they might have thought, "Why go to school? Why work? We're going to be billionaires when she dies."

It's sort of funny that people here were cheering when the rumor a few weeks ago was that Paris was cut out of the Hilton will, and everyone thinks what Hemsley is doing is horrible. Isn't it the same situation? Maybe her grandkids aren't flashing some cooter, but we don't know what they're like.

I don't think it's fair to say she's evil or mean. Sure, it's not a choice I'd probably make, but she did set up a huge charitable trust, that's not something an evil person does.

Working for a living is not the worst thing in the world. I'm sure they'll survive.

I have no problem with her leaving 12 million to the care of her dog. That's a drop in the bucket to her considering she had BILLIONS so it's relative. I'm not sure why anyone's saying that the dog's money should go to charity since a 4-8 BILLION of her money did, so she decided to leave a very small percentage to her pet. Maybe the 40-70 times of that amount that she DID donate, a portion was an animal charity..who knows but it was donated somewhere. She may not have been a nice person and could have deserved any animosity she faced from family (I'm sure she wasn't named the "queen of mean" for nothing), BUT that little dog brought her more happiness and unconditional love than some humans who are considered "family" on paper may have. Does it sound crazy? Yes, but no one knows what goes on in private lives and there are extremely wealthy people who spend a ton of money on their pets.

My uncle (and his wife) were criminals in my eyes after stealing a tremendous amount of money from my grandparents when they were too old to live on their own, and my grandfather could no longer walk. Until he died, he never knew what my uncle did, and how they treated my grandmother, thank god. My mom and her sis had to take care of her after mistreatment. Their own SON shouldn't have gotten a dime and eventually commited suicide from what I assume was guilt..then his horrible evil wife ended up with practically everything my grandparents worked for. If they had a pet, he/she would have deserved more than my uncle did. So, I'm not going to judge someone for leaving an excessive amount of money to a beloved pet.