Mean Queen Leona Leaves $12 Million to Pooch, Zilch to Grandkids

^The rest of the estate, between 4 and 8 billion went to the charitable trust. Isn't that same as giving to charity?:confused1: I thought charitable trusts were non-profit organizations which manage how the money is distributed (what causes and how much for each cause).

I can't imagine accruing that type of wealth and choosing to leave it to an animal{s}
Of course she doesn't "owe" her family and it's ridiculous to assume people were waiting for her to die so they can get their hands on it.

I would prefer to make sure my grandbabies were at least guaranteed a full education at the minimum.

Joan Crawford did the same thing Leona Helmsley did, except to her children. From her $2 million estate, she leaves Cindy and Cathy $77,500 each. To Christina and Christopher she leaves nothing, writing: "... for reasons which should be well known to them."

Joan Crawford did the same thing Leona Helmsley did, except to her children. From her $2 million estate, she leaves Cindy and Cathy $77,500 each. To Christina and Christopher she leaves nothing, writing: "... for reasons which should be well known to them."

yeah - there was a stable individual. I can't imagine being so angry with my own children that I could do something like that to them. unless they tried to smother me with a pillow, I can't imagine why anyone would take that kind of hate for their own blood with them to the grave.

Wow!

but you know what? I'm not surprised. I know two VERY wealthy gay men (one a attorney and the other a high profiled level media guy) and they left all their fortunes to their two dogs. Their dogs also have serious life insurance. To them, they are like their kids.

But damn, if you have kids and grand/great grandkids, what are you thinking?