Mean girl said my Miu Miu Bow was from Forever 21 :(

oxygenated18

Oct 27, 2007
I was carrying my Miu Miu Bow while hanging out with some friends yesterday, and this one girl (who's usually kind of catty because she likes being the center of attention) saw my bag and said (in a snobby voice) "Oh cute...is that like, from Forever 21 or something?" :cursing: I was sooo mad that I just walked away and didn't talk to her for the rest of the night. Sorry I just had to vent because she made me so angry:Push:

I was carrying my Miu Miu Bow while hanging out with some friends yesterday, and this one girl (who's usually kind of catty because she likes being the center of attention) saw my bag and said (in a snobby voice) "Oh cute...is that like, from Forever 21 or something?" :cursing: I was sooo mad that I just walked away and didn't talk to her for the rest of the night. Sorry I just had to vent because she made me so angry:Push:

Oh double cwap if that's true,:nuts: I am in big trouble:roflmfao: wearing my beautiful Amarena Bow dh got me for our anniversary in July.

no way! there are so many miu miu knockoffs/inspired around that I can tell with one eye that even thouse aren't anywhere near the real stuff, because the miu miu bow can gather all attention to it, for real!

Don't get so bent out of shape about a remark like that! Either she is jealous or she doesn't know.

Not everyone is aware of the quality and price of designer bags - I think we fall into kind of a trap when we take offense at that type of remark. Are you carrying that bag because you love it, appreciate the quality and you are willing to pay the price? Or...are you carrying it to make a statement and have others envy you? Just enjoy your beautiful bag and ignore people like that!

Don't get so bent out of shape about a remark like that! Either she is jealous or she doesn't know.

Not everyone is aware of the quality and price of designer bags - I think we fall into kind of a trap when we take offense at that type of remark. Are you carrying that bag because you love it, appreciate the quality and you are willing to pay the price? Or...are you carrying it to make a statement and have others envy you? Just enjoy your beautiful bag and ignore people like that!

I had people come up to me and ask if my coffers were from downtown LA (where fakes are supposedly available). Most of the time, people are not familiar with Miu Miu. I just nod my head and say yes.

If I don't know somebody every well, I tend to downplay my bags. If I have to say that they're from downtown LA, so be it. There are others who think that Miu Miu made a bad replica of the Nine West copy.

As for your friend, she may be either ignorant or catty. Either way, it's not worth your time getting upset over her remark.

If she makes another remark, just remain gracious. You can't change how she thinks so why waste precious brain cells?

Enjoy your bag, sweetheart! :tup: