Me again, need help from large mabel owners now!!!

tireebabe

May 11, 2008
Gosh, you must think I am some mad psycotic woman starting all these threads. I'm going to blame it on the hormone tablets the doc put me on last month.

Was hoping someone could tell me a bit about the large mabel. I live quite far away from a store to see for myself.

Anyone have pics? Modelling ones prefered.

Are they much different from the regular mabel?

^^^ They are the same height (roughly) but quite a bit longer, and a bit deeper.

They fasten with a proper buckle rather than the magentic popper.

Apart from that they are pretty similar I think?

^^^ I never actually used mine, just tried it on indoors a couple of times. But I didnt find it a problem, just left the buckle undone, as with the bag zipped up it is secure anyway.

I really, really love large Mabels. I bought one recently and very quickly followed up by buying another two! They suit me perfectly. I am not a small lady, size 18 and 5'6" so the size is great. I can wear on my shoulder too without them falling off. They're roomy, lightweight and suit the way I use a bag brilliantly. The buckle isn't a problem. I just leave the strap flapped over if I'm going to be in and out of the bag all the time. And big plus is that there are some colours left in the outlets at half price, £347 instead of £695.

I have just found the pics I posted when I first got my old mabel, dont know if they are of any use? I am 5 ft6 though and a UK size 12 :smile:

Attachments

• PICT0673.JPG
    PICT0673.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 56
  • PICT0675.JPG
    PICT0675.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 41
  • PICT0676.JPG
    PICT0676.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 55
  • PICT0688.JPG
    PICT0688.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 58
I really, really love large Mabels. I bought one recently and very quickly followed up by buying another two! They suit me perfectly. I am not a small lady, size 18 and 5'6" so the size is great. I can wear on my shoulder too without them falling off. They're roomy, lightweight and suit the way I use a bag brilliantly. The buckle isn't a problem. I just leave the strap flapped over if I'm going to be in and out of the bag all the time. And big plus is that there are some colours left in the outlets at half price, £347 instead of £695.

any modelling pics? Which colours are £347?

^^ I managed to bag a black large Mabel from SM at £347 - not sure what they've got now though as I've had it a couple of months - was abit unsure about the size at first but when using it I dont think it's any larger than a Bays or Roxy but perhaps more practical with the pockets etc

Thanks for all your advise ladies. I really want to go ahead and buy the large mabel however I have learnt from my previous impulse buys and this time I will rehome (oak roxy) a Mulberry before buying another one. Boring I know!!!!