MCM Reveal! Bringing it back Old School

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Oct 14, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
    I am an expat living in Munich and have recently been looking for alternatative brands for quality handbags. I noticed a few women toting MCM bags around town amongst the swarms of LV around here and it brought back memories of 80s rappers and the good ole days of my generation.

So, I started looking into the brand and found out it had a history in Munich and that they didn't do to well in the 90s perpetuating the brand. This lead to new management and the eventual buy out by a very savvy and fashionable South Korean WOMAN! Well, her leadership has been a good thing because their website has a ton of great designs and even celebrities like Beyonce' and Eva Mendes have been wearing the bags and MCM has been promoting things like crazy to try and break through...again!

This lead me to find something I could take back to the US as a useful souvenir instead of my dirndl and Bier Stein :P Since I'm not totally convinced by the brand yet, I thought it would be safe to buy a new bag from an authorized MCM outlet located an hour out of Munich. This outlet was high fashion! But I managed to get a great deal on a classic yet subtlely monogrammed handbag that can be worn three ways ( I love that!)

Enough talk...here she goes!

Attached Files:

2. Shopping bag with Dust bag.

Attached Files:

3. A teaser...

Attached Files:

4. The Complete Package :yahoo:

Attached Files:

5. Wonderful souvenir indeed, congratulations! :biggrin:

6. A closer look...

This bag can be worn three ways:
    1. Small handles
    2. Medium handles on chain
    3. Long strap (front or rear views for a fourth look)

Attached Files:

7. The body of the bag is a soft chocolate brown leather which is perfect for fall. The chain can be hidden or exposed for a glam rock feel.

Look #1 Medium handles with chain exposed

Attached Files:

8. Look #2 Short handles with chain pulled inward. Front view

Attached Files:

9. Look #2 Short handles Rear View

Attached Files:

10. Really gorgeous ....

11. Look #3 Long strap (chain pulled in on one side) Rear View

I liked this side better since it wasn't as busy in this look.

Attached Files:

12. Interior has the basics cell phone/wallet pocket and zippered pocket. The fabric has a really nice feel to it too.

Attached Files:

13. Very nice! After seeing your lovely new MCM, I think I will dig mine out of the closet and carry it today.

14. It doesn't say where it was made (Germany/Korea/Italy) but on the interior and exterior plaque it says MCM MUNCHEN and the exterior plaque has the unique serial number. The bag came with a guarantee card for 1 year which covers all manufacturing defects but the card has to be filled out at the boutique in order for it to be valid at the time of purchase. I assume they do this at the retail store b/c she didn't at the outlet. I've seen quite a few vintage pieces at the 2nd hand stores around town so I may be able to do some collecting here in my last few months.

15. i love the chain! congrats!