MCM Milla Tote

jaskg144

Feb 18, 2016
I've been searching for a new bag for a few months now and I hadn't had any luck in finding one that I liked, but I came across the MCM Milla tote on the Harrods website and fell in love with it. I feel like MCM is a brand that not many people want to buy in to (for some reason), but I personally love the brand! I think its fun and recognisable, but their leather bags are understated and luxurious.

I even read a post about a woman who bought a Milla tote to stop her from using her Birkin every day :amazed:

What do people think of the bag (and the brand in general)? I've decided on the Phantom Grey colour.

Attachments

• IMG_2388.JPG
    IMG_2388.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,728
  • IMG_2389.JPG
    IMG_2389.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 2,094
I have an extra mini Milla and the Milla card case and love them both. The quality of materials and design is really impressive at their pricepoint. I love the organization and detail, especially for its shrunken size. They're fairly durable as well.

Also, I was just at an event where I saw a woman carrying the phantom grey mini and thought, "nice bag" before I recognized it. I'm really tempted to pick up a large version for a work bag.

I just bought the tote in black/medium. It's my first luxury handbag I've purchased and I don't regret it. It's a beautiful bag and the leather feels like butter. It'll keep me organized and force me to only carry my necessities (good for my back/shoulders)

1st picture is my hand for perspective. I'm 5 ft 6 in with an average sized female hand. 2nd pic is what I currently put in there. Personal Filofax, Gucci Swing Leather Wallet and a pencil case sized makeup bag. Still have enough from for my phone, medicine and sunglasses
IMG_1495345121.839821.jpgIMG_1495345436.058425.jpg

I have an extra mini Milla and the Milla card case and love them both. The quality of materials and design is really impressive at their pricepoint. I love the organization and detail, especially for its shrunken size. They're fairly durable as well.

Also, I was just at an event where I saw a woman carrying the phantom grey mini and thought, "nice bag" before I recognized it. I'm really tempted to pick up a large version for a work bag.
I was thinking of a large for university! I know the medium won't hold my laptop but I'm going to get it for day to day use :smile: I'm glad you love your MCM products, and pleased to hear about their quality! :smile:

Reactions: Scully Piper
I just bought the tote in black/medium. It's my first luxury handbag I've purchased and I don't regret it. It's a beautiful bag and the leather feels like butter. It'll keep me organized and force me to only carry my necessities (good for my back/shoulders)

1st picture is my hand for perspective. I'm 5 ft 6 in with an average sized female hand. 2nd pic is what I currently put in there. Personal Filofax, Gucci Swing Leather Wallet and a pencil case sized makeup bag. Still have enough from for my phone, medicine and sunglasses
View attachment 3705481View attachment 3705483

Congrats! I'm deciding between black and phantom grey at the moment! The medium looks to be the perfect size for what I need too :smile: thanks for sharing xx

Reactions: eiikei
I've been searching for a new bag for a few months now and I hadn't had any luck in finding one that I liked, but I came across the MCM Milla tote on the Harrods website and fell in love with it. I feel like MCM is a brand that not many people want to buy in to (for some reason), but I personally love the brand! I think its fun and recognisable, but their leather bags are understated and luxurious.

I even read a post about a woman who bought a Milla tote to stop her from using her Birkin every day :amazed:

What do people think of the bag (and the brand in general)? I've decided on the Phantom Grey colour.

Well the brand has an iffy past -- in regards to the original founder/owner and the woman who took over and practically disowned the original owner. I did some research when I first heard about MCM and it left me a little iffy about the brand. However, many speak to it's durability and pricing so I've been eyeing them again. Plus I see the shopper tote in brown alot! You can do your research and read about the history, which may account for why people don't buy into the brand. But who knows. :confused1:
*Sidenote: The Milla in Grey w/gold hardware is talking to me .. and she's on sale..

Well the brand has an iffy past -- in regards to the original founder/owner and the woman who took over and practically disowned the original owner. I did some research when I first heard about MCM and it left me a little iffy about the brand. However, many speak to it's durability and pricing so I've been eyeing them again. Plus I see the shopper tote in brown alot! You can do your research and read about the history, which may account for why people don't buy into the brand. But who knows. :confused1:
*Sidenote: The Milla in Grey w/gold hardware is talking to me .. and she's on sale..

I think in the 80s, it was their generation's version of Michael Kors. Now that it's not well known or easily found, it's starting to get a better image. The leather in this tote is wonderful and goes with a lot.
Not going to lie, I will probably not buy anything else from this brand in the next decade because I hate monograms.

Did you get the grey Milla? Pics pls!!

Update: leather is getting a bit more loose but I like it!!View attachment 3717006

Last edited:
I think in the 80s, it was their generation's version of Michael Kors. Now that it's not well known or easily found, it's starting to get a better image. The leather in this tote is wonderful and goes with a lot.
Not going to lie, I will probably not buy anything else from this brand in the next decade because I hate monograms.

Did you get the grey Milla? Pics pls!!

Update: leather is getting a bit more loose but I like it!!View attachment 3717006

I decided against the Milla! It's a gorgeous bag but I realised I get little to no use out of my medium sized handbags (My Givenchy Antigona is a medium and just sits on a shelf most of the time :sad: ) so I've decided to only buy large or mini bags now. I got a Gucci mini marmont!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-24 at 20.09.10.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-24 at 20.09.10.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,433