Food McDonald's Sweet Tea!

sailornep5

O.G.
Apr 9, 2006
Oh my gosh, that stuff is GOOD!! Had it for the first time today (while I took advantage of the free southern chicken sandwich special)....it is so addicting. It's 99 cents for a 32 oz cup. I don't know how it compares to "real" sweet tea since I am in CA where it is impossible to find any place that serves sweet tea. But I thought it was so yummy, I had to share! :okay:

I lived in Atlanta for 4 years, and when I moved back up North, I missed sweet tea like crazy! When McDonalds started selling sweet tea last year, I was thrilled. It's not exactly like the sweet tea I'd get in ATL, but I think it's a really good substitute! YUM!

Yeah, I didn't realize other parts of the country have already had sweet tea available to them...it's brand new to CA. It's probably best, if I had this years ago, I'd be a huge blimp right now from sucking down four big cups a day!

wow! I didn't know they had this. I'll have to give it a try. I did try the southern chix sandwich today though.... not good. No wonder they were giving it away for free! :tdown:

I'm a huge fan. I buy one everyday and sometimes twice a day. I even have my coworkers addicted to those things and you can't beat a dollar for a 32 oz.:smile: I want one now!

I'll have to try it sometime. I wonder how it compares to the big gallon jugs of Arizona sweet tea (cost under 3 bucks)? I loveeee it in the summer!!! With fresh spearmint leaves that I crush in the tea and ice.

FYI: Sweet tea is not SWEET Tea if it is not sweetened...also it has to be sweetened with sugar (from the cane) and sweetened while it is hot/warm after it is brewed. Arizona sweet tea is NOT the same. But if I cannot find anything else, I will drink the Arizona southern style tea.

I am from the south, and like Jillybean said it is a great substitute...Some McDonald have a stronger brew some a little weaker.

I love this stuff!

Also Thiti...try another McD's for the chicken sandwich, sometimes one location won't make it as good as another. For example, the first time I had the Iced Coffee, it was DISGUSTING..I would not try it for the longest, and then I finally tried it at another McD's and it was great. I think that the Iced coffee's are really strong

Once I ordered a MEDIUM sweet tea and they actually told me it's only available in large! wtf?! I was like "but I don't want that many calories... you can't just put it in a medium cup?? I'll still pay $1!" -- but noooo... sweet tea is ONLY LARGE!!! lol

I lived in Atlanta for 4 years, and when I moved back up North, I missed sweet tea like crazy! When McDonalds started selling sweet tea last year, I was thrilled. It's not exactly like the sweet tea I'd get in ATL, but I think it's a really good substitute! YUM!

That was one of my favorite things about Atlanta, too. I hear it's 4 cups of sugar to one pitcher of tea!

I wish we would get sweet tea here! I tried it in ATL and LOVE it so much! I had it every single day I was there! The closest thing that I can find is Arizona green tea w/ honey, which really isn't the same thing at all.