MC Wallace Sale? Discount Codes?

shopg

Sep 14, 2010
I am sorry but I don't understand why these bags worth the price tag. With $300 or more, you can easily get a leather bag today. I've seen tones of Nylon bags at NS rack, TJ max, and other discount stores that look just as nice and functional for less than $100.

So if you are looking for a deal, I would just get another brand.
If you don't like leather bags, check out Matt & Nat!

shopinator

O.G.
Jun 28, 2006
They have a couple of sales a year. If you sign up for their mailing list you will get an email from them when a sale comes up. I have several of these bags and they are worth every penny! The quality is superb. I also get compliments on my MZ wallace bags more than any other bag I own and I have a lot of bags, lol!

morejunkny

O.G.
Jan 22, 2009
The bags are all of excellent quality, and all feature little details that make the bag extra functional - all the extra interior pockets, attached cosmetic case, extra strap on the bigger bags etc. Also, customer service is good, I had a decorative rivet fall off the handle, and I went to the store and they replaced it for me on the spot and gave me an extra.

Not sure where you are, but they have a sample sale in NYC once every year or two, where most bags are around $100. I have also seen them on sale on the Nordstrom and Piperlime websites.

fatefullotus

Building a rainbow
O.G.
I am sorry but I don't understand why these bags worth the price tag. With $300 or more, you can easily get a leather bag today. I've seen tones of Nylon bags at NS rack, TJ max, and other discount stores that look just as nice and functional for less than $100.
As a New Yorker, I understand the appeal of an MZ Wallace bag. Unlike most of the country, most women in NYC don't run home in between activities or have a car to store items in. My day starts at 6am and I don't walk back into my apartment until at least 9pm every night. In between, I'm carrying everything I need for the day -- files for work/meetings with clients, a laptop (sometimes 2!), at least 2 changes of shoes (walking/gym/work/evening), maybe a change of clothes for dinner/night out, gym clothes, etc., in addition to everything that usually goes into a purse like a makeup bag, wallet, planner, phone, Kindle/iPad, etc. To house all these items, many women prefer one large bag as opposed to carrying multiple smaller bags. In addition, that bag had better be durable for the weight it carries and the abuse it takes on the trains, in cabs, being thrown on the floor at crowded restaurants, etc. Leather may be great, but it's not as durable and not as lightweight as a synthetic bag. All those other synthetic bags you mentioned? Yes, lightweight, but not made of a durable, rip-stop, industrial nylon like MZ Wallace's bags. Also, those compartments aren't just random -- they actually tend to be the right size and shape to keep the various items I carry separate and easy to locate. All while managing to NOT look like a duffel or generic tote, and passing muster at most after-work venues.

In NYC, you'll see a lot of MZ Wallace bags. I think of them as a quintessential NY product. :yes:

If you're looking for a good deal on an MZ Wallace bag, keep an eye out for their twice-yearly sample sales.

mothbeast

O.G.
Jan 12, 2009
The bags are excellent and take a beating. They seem to wear as well as my tumi stuff but look better. I think they are worth the $$. I kinda doubt a matt and nat would hold up as well to the abuse.

They also have good CS - if you email with questions you get responses.

The sales are pretty good. Get on the mailing list. I assume there might be one Dec Jan? Maybe after Xmas? I bought things at the last online one which was in June / July.

creighbaby

O.G.
Jun 4, 2006
The bags are fantastic. I never understood the appeal until I got one, and I wear mine almost daily.

I would LIKE MZ Wallace on facebook and sign up for the emails for discount codes.

photoobsessive

hold me back, girls
Oct 26, 2006
"Sunny Sunny" So Fla
As a New Yorker, I understand the appeal of an MZ Wallace bag. Unlike most of the country, most women in NYC don't run home in between activities or have a car to store items in. My day starts at 6am and I don't walk back into my apartment until at least 9pm every night. In between, I'm carrying everything I need for the day -- files for work/meetings with clients, a laptop (sometimes 2!), at least 2 changes of shoes (walking/gym/work/evening), maybe a change of clothes for dinner/night out, gym clothes, etc., in addition to everything that usually goes into a purse like a makeup bag, wallet, planner, phone, Kindle/iPad, etc. To house all these items, many women prefer one large bag as opposed to carrying multiple smaller bags. In addition, that bag had better be durable for the weight it carries and the abuse it takes on the trains, in cabs, being thrown on the floor at crowded restaurants, etc.

Leather may be great, but it's not as durable and not as lightweight as a synthetic bag. All those other synthetic bags you mentioned? Yes, lightweight, but not made of a durable, rip-stop, industrial nylon like MZ Wallace's bags. Also, those compartments aren't just random -- they actually tend to be the right size and shape to keep the various items I carry separate and easy to locate. All while managing to NOT look like a duffel or generic tote, and passing muster at most after-work venues.

In NYC, you'll see a lot of MZ Wallace bags. I think of them as a quintessential NY product. :yes:

If you're looking for a good deal on an MZ Wallace bag, keep an eye out for their twice-yearly sample sales.
I now live in NYC and couldnt have said it better.
You keep your wallet in one pocket, phone in another, metro card in another, lipstick in another, and you still have not used all of your exterior pockets, never mind starting on the interior spaces and pockets, it looks elegant as all hell at all times, and the bags i pick have an optional messenger strap at no additional purchase!
This is my favorite travel bag. This past year alone, my last mz wallace bag has seen somewhere about 10 countries.

photoobsessive

hold me back, girls
Oct 26, 2006
"Sunny Sunny" So Fla
The bags are excellent and take a beating. They seem to wear as well as my tumi stuff but look better. I think they are worth the $$. I kinda doubt a matt and nat would hold up as well to the abuse.

They also have good CS - if you email with questions you get responses.

The sales are pretty good. Get on the mailing list. I assume there might be one Dec Jan? Maybe after Xmas? I bought things at the last online one which was in June / July.
I HAVE 2 MATT&NATS. both are broken. (one the strap, the other the magnetic pieces that hold the bag shut have taken a trip into the interior lining of the bag, not to return.)

MsHark

Sep 22, 2008
MZ Wallace is such an amazing, high quality brand! I used to sneer at nylon too, but trust me, I get more compliments on my MZ Wallace Jane than I have any other bag I own. I've also had the bag for over 3 years, beat it up, and it looks as new as the day I bought it. It's the best money I've ever spent, probably. They are also American made... how many brands can say that these days?

That said, I've never seen a coupon code from them, and the black never goes on sale on their website.

Sep 8, 2009
Tampa, Florida
Great thread and true they are hard to find on sale because they sell out at regular price. Occasionally you can find some of their seasonal colors on line though. These are not ordinary nylon like some of you are thinking, the nylon Wallace uses on their bedford collection has been coated with Teflon (the non stick coating they used to use on pots and pans). They shed water and stains just wipe off of them with a wipe of a washcloth . The leather they use as trim it a high quality leather and they do hold up beautifully. They look great, they are light weight and most have many pockets for organization and can take a beating!