MC Ursula or Diamonds???

I would definitely go for the diamonds! It's a win-win situation. Like others have said, the bag may become boring or unimportant to you over time. Diamonds can be worn daily and continue to look great over the years. No vachetta, stains, or color transfer to deal with...lol. I'd wait a little longer for the bag, dream bag or not.

Diamonds hands down! :noggin:you can get both the MC Ursula and diamonds later on, but Diamonds seem more of like a celebration/achievement symbol of such a beautiful milestone in any relationship than any handbag would (JMO of course). but there is the factor of diamonds having less of a chance of something happening to it (i.e. get stolen) if you're going to be wearing it all the time. whatever you decide, i'm sure you'll make the right one for you =). Congrats on your 5 year anniversary! :drinkup: and many blessings to you and your sweet DH for many more years to come! :smile:

Thanks Jennabee...:yes:

I can't give an opinion on the Ursula because I've never had one, but diamonds I can comment on. Just a little story:

It's not so long since I decided to switch from yellow gold to white gold. Back when DH and I married - 1984! :wtf: - I went with yellow gold for my rings. Even then, I kind of knew silver suited my colouring better, but there really wasn't much available in white gold at the time. A tray of 20-30 rings might have had two or at most three in white gold, so y/gold gave a much wider choice of styles and most people, me included, chose y/gold regardless of whether it was a good choice for our colouring or not.

Fast forward 20 years or so, and I made the big decision: I'm going to switch to white gold. So I sold some of my old jewellery, bought some new pieces. The change over was coming along nicely, I thought, and so I went to talk to my jeweller about having my rings changed.

Do you know, when it came to the crunch, I just couldn't do it. My rings have become a part of me. I can just about remember every nanosecond of being given them ... and my pearls, and a few other pieces. He's given me so many beautiful birthday and Christmas gifts over the years, but the details haven't stayed in my memory like the gifts of jewellery have.

That's partly because the jewellery marked our shared milestones, partly because jewellery is the most enduring of gifts. Handbags and other lovely things come and go ... I may love a handbag today that ten years ago said ack and in ten years from now will say ack, because handbag fashions change. But classic diamond ear studs, a pearl necklace, a solitaire ring ... they're forever. They will speak to you across the years. They will keep your young self fresh in your memory even when you're not still young.

So, I say go for the jewellery. Well. that's just my take on it. :P

Pinkcupcake...when I was reading your post it gave it chills. It was a very sweet story. Yeah I kinda would like a story like yours. I want to have something to mark our milestones. Either way, what ever I decide or get I will keep you posted :yes: