MC Speedy or Damier Speedy?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Fall Sale is now live! Save up to 40% on Nordy's best brands, including bags, shoes, clothes, home, and kids'. Click to shop.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Aug 17, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
    Monogram Canvas Speedy Or Daimer Speedy?
    Are they both here to stay? Which ones more classic?

What are the pro's and con's?

Thanks. My bday is comingg up and if I don't get this from my parents, then I am going to buy it myself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I would pick the damier (well, I guess I kind of did, in a way, I bought one). It's far, far lighter in weight than the MC, and more timeless. Not to mention about 1/3 of the price.

3. That's a mono. I am confused?

Of course the mono is here to stay. :yes:

4. #4 Aug 17, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
    OH. I thought you meant MC as in Multicolor (pictures hadn't been added yet)

I'd still pick Damier. More weatherproof.

5. I picked the Damier Ebene for my speedy cos I already have other mono bags. If this is your first speedy, you may want to go for the mono since it is an iconic style. But if you want a low-maintenance bag that you can carry around in all weather conditions, Damier would be the perfect choice! :yes:

6. I pick Mono, I have one and love it. It's classy, versatile and timeless.

7. Damier - completely weatherproof!

8. Damier. It's suitable for all weather.

9. They are both great, I have the mono...it is so timeless and iconic and am ready to buy the damier next! So either way ,you can't go wrong. I would get the mono if it were my first though. :smile:

10. If you think you will only have one speedy, get the mono. If you succumb to speedy fever, you will probably get the damier eventually. :smile:

11. I like the Mono. It's a classic!

12. Damier! She's beautiful! Always looks new and perfect, IMO

13. I have the Damier Ebene Speedy and she's wonderful. I love that I can still carry an LV no matter what the weather is. But, I am now going to get the mono because I feel that I just have to have such an iconic bag. If I were you, I'd weigh whether you want a Speedy that can go out in any weather, or the Speedy that everyone automatically associates with LV. You can't go wrong either way. Probably for a first Speedy, a lot of people pick the mono because it's classic LV.

14. I have Mono, Damier, and Azur and if I had to keep just one, I'd go with Damier..it's amazing, always looks new and fresh, all-weather proof, no vachetta, I could go on and on ...Damier is my pick:heart:

15. Tough choice....You reallly can't go wrong with either bag...I have both Mono Speedy 25 and Damier Speedy 30..I love both! If you want a bag you can carry in all weather conditions without worrying about vachetta getting dirty, go for the damier...Let us know what you decide :okay: