MC Keepall 45 question

pursedeb

O.G.
Oct 9, 2007
This is a silly question but I was hoping someone could help me out. I just got a MC Keepall 45 and will be using it for the first time in a couple weeks. Do I need a base shaper and if so, I am unable to find a red one and I feel the acrylic ones would be too stiff. Does anyone have advice on this? Thanks so much!:biggrin:

itsonly4me

Oskar Waltz
O.G.
May 8, 2007
PA
congrats, thats one of my fav pieces!! I had a white one but was so paranoid when I used it!

I think its fine without a shaper because of the two straps that go around it, it keeps its shape better than a speedy. :smile:

pursedeb

O.G.
Oct 9, 2007
Thanks so much everyone!

I totally agree with you itsonly4me - I also have the white one and I am so paranoid of actually using it. I'm afraid of getting it dirty when I put it through the airport security xray machines - makes me feel like not taking it but thats why I bought it - crazy!

louislover260

Jan 16, 2008
You could just save it for weekend trips in the car or train. Just buy some cheap Target luggage for flying because if it doesn't get stolen it's going to get torn to shreds!

him8nce_momma69

designer diva
O.G.
Dec 20, 2009
Our designer closets...
This is a silly question but I was hoping someone could help me out. I just got a MC Keepall 45 and will be using it for the first time in a couple weeks. Do I need a base shaper and if so, I am unable to find a red one and I feel the acrylic ones would be too stiff. Does anyone have advice on this? Thanks so much!:biggrin:

It should be fine because of the straps that go around it, but, as another tPFer stated, you can find clear shapers for 45s on eBay. I have one for my Mono 45, that I sometimes use as an everyday bag, but I find that I rarely use the shaper. BTW, Congrats on getting the MC Keepall...It's a beautiful piece! :P

pursedeb

O.G.
Oct 9, 2007
Thanks so much for the replies! TPF is the best - I think I'll be fine without a base shaper - yea!!!:biggrin: