MC cles vs. mono cles

aegisshi

Mar 18, 2014
Good morning everyone!! Hope your day is as good as mine has been (finally brought up my grade in biology to an A!!).

I am needing some assistance regarding the cles! I recently got a preloved black MC cles with grenad interior. She is a beauty and I love her, but I noticed that even though it's bigger than the mono/DE/DA cles, it doesn't seem to hold as much in regards to coins or small amounts of cash. I mostly use mine as a coin pouch when I have a bag with me, but when I go to the gym I add my main credit card and ID along with a little bit of cash. I noticed she bulges real easily and I think it's because of the way it is put together? My coworker who has a mono cles doesn't seem to have this problem.

I have the option to get a preloved mono Cerises (cherry) cles in practically mint condition. I have been wanting an SLG from the cherry line. Would this cles work better in terms of solving the bulging issue? If so, I would probably revert to using the MC as a card holder in a clutch or small bag, and use the mono cles as my main coin pouch. I think either way I want the cherry cles, but just wanted to some more info on the functionality of it versus my MC cles.

Thanks in advance for your help :smile:

The mono cles for sure holds more I has like 8 cards cash and change in it and it doesn't look all wonky i love my mono cles while the MC and vernis looks amazing !! The mono holds way more they a bunch of you tube videos as well on how much they can hold if you want to watch hope that helps hugs xoxo

The mono cles can definitely hold more and is less stiff- although the MC cles is gorgeous!I would get the Cerises cles if you need to hold more cards and cash and use the MC other days.

I have the Pomme cles and mono cles. I use the mono cles for my cards and cash and Pomme cles for coins because of its' bulkiness. I really like how the mono cles is smaller but can hold more cards but I really think the design of the vernis or MC one is weird! Although I have both! Lol

The mono cles for sure holds more I has like 8 cards cash and change in it and it doesn't look all wonky i love my mono cles while the MC and vernis looks amazing !! The mono holds way more they a bunch of you tube videos as well on how much they can hold if you want to watch hope that helps hugs xoxo

Wow, 8 cards, cash AND change?! Sounds like a dream haha. I carry a lot of change, not that many cards though. I'll have to check out some videos when I get home. Thanks! :smile:

The mono cles can definitely hold more and is less stiff- although the MC cles is gorgeous!I would get the Cerises cles if you need to hold more cards and cash and use the MC other days.

This is just the answer I was hoping for! I'm mainly looking for an excuse to justify buying another cles even though I just got the MC ^__^ I'm keeping the MC cles regardless, just didn't want to buy another cles and have the same issues. Thanks for your help!!

I have the Pomme cles and mono cles. I use the mono cles for my cards and cash and Pomme cles for coins because of its' bulkiness. I really like how the mono cles is smaller but can hold more cards but I really think the design of the vernis or MC one is weird! Although I have both! Lol

I was actually debating between getting a preloved Pomme cles or mono Cherry cles! I love love love the Pomme color but I noticed that the design is pretty much the same as the MC so I have been straying away from it. I'll probably get a different Pomme SLG at some point just because I love the color. You're sooo right, the design of the MC and vernis cles is kind of weird, but I think they are more pretty than they are functional 😝

Thanks for your help!

I have the azur, mc noir, groom, multicles Rabat, and pomme cles. The groom and azur cles are definitely more functional for combo of cards, cash, and coins but I like carrying 2 cles as an excuse to use them interchangeably.

I also don't find the mc cles super functional. For me it's more of a collector's item. In High school I dreamed of a mc bag-- but now that I can afford LV, an mc bag not really my style. So I bought the mc cles to fulfill my dream, but use my de cles as an everyday workhorse!

I have the azur, mc noir, groom, multicles Rabat, and pomme cles. The groom and azur cles are definitely more functional for combo of cards, cash, and coins but I like carrying 2 cles as an excuse to use them interchangeably.

Lots of cles in your collection! I think using two at a time is a great idea, thank you!

I also don't find the mc cles super functional. For me it's more of a collector's item. In High school I dreamed of a mc bag-- but now that I can afford LV, an mc bag not really my style. So I bought the mc cles to fulfill my dream, but use my de cles as an everyday workhorse!

I actually didn't like the MC at all in the past. It wasn't until recently that the black MC with grenad interior grew on me. Still not big on the white MC, they just aren't really my style either. I have friends who also think that the mono Cherry line is a bit juvenile, but I've always had a thing for cherries so I figure a cles is a perfect piece from that line :smile:

I have the cles in MC, DA and DE. The DA and DE holds more comfortably than the MC. I think it's because of the extra "fold" in MC. (see pic below)

Attachments

• ClesCompare.jpeg
    ClesCompare.jpeg
    83.1 KB · Views: 276