MBMJ tragedy...need advice

saracate

O.G.
Sep 8, 2008
Hi ladies. So, after searching online for months, I finally got my hands on a Turnlock Teri in grass. A couple weeks after getting this beauty, disaster. After a house party I discovered quite a few drops of what looked like Coke spilled on the front and the side of it. I panicked, and instead of thinking rationally, I went to Aldo. I know the manager and she sold me some foam leather cleaner. She told me to spray it on, let it settle for a few minutes, and then wipe it off. Well, you can imagine what happened. I now have a large spot on the front of my Teri where the colour came out. There are spots down the side too, which you can barely see, and I'm not as concerned about them.

I spent a couple of weeks kicking myself for being so stupid, and now I need to figure out what to do. Is there any way to repair it? I loved the grass Teri for so long and I'd feel bad just letting it sit there unused. Plus I'm not a rich girl by any means, so I feel like I wasted my money. What would you guys do? Thanks in advance.

I would take it to a professional leather cleaner. Maybe they'll be able to match your color and color in the spots or dye the whole thing trying to recreate the old color. Don't beat yourself up over it- we all make mistakes and how were you to know that some leather cleaners can actually take off color?? Good luck!

plilly is right, saracate! How could you possibly have known?

Take the Turnlock Teri to a PLC and at least get some advice on what your options are. But one word of warning: I once had Bulga bag redyed due to a similar disaster, but I guess recreating the color was pretty difficult. I ended up with a completely different hue of the original color. Maybe my PLC wasn't that professional?? Just thought I should give you a heads up. Good luck though and no beating yourself up!

I agree with Dawn. If you are in love with that color, I would first contact Lovin my bags and get an estimate. I think that if you get it re-dyed somewhere else, you will end up with a completely different color bag and it may not have the same finish and feel. I would definitely contact them first. If it's affordable, I would go with them.