MBMJ Little Ukita

sasquaty

O.G.
Oct 21, 2009
Just wondering if anyone has purchased the new Little Ukita yet and if so what are your thoughts? What color did you get? I have been looking at Dirty Martini or Currant and think I would like to go with this over the Hillier but wanted some others thoughts. Thanks

Just got the Little Ukita in dirty martini. I didn't see the large size, but I think it would be too big, too. The Little is perfect. It's a shade bigger than my Turnlock Natasha, which I carry a lot because it's a nice medium sized bag. I expect I'll carry this one more, though, because it fits more without feeling any bigger, and the color is AMAZING. It's the neutral color I'd been trying to find for months.

The only thing for me is that it has a short handle and a long strap. The long strap can be removed, so you can just use the short handle and carry it like a tote. But I tend to like to wear bags on the shoulder or cross-body (and this one will cross-body). Two-handle bags sometimes bug me because the short handle gets in the way. This bag's short handle is pretty short, so it doesn't bother me as much. But I'm going to walk around with it a bit at home to see if I can get used to it. I love everything else about it.

Last edited:
The little Ukitia in Rosie is on my wish list right now :biggrin: I love it in the Rosie pink colour, it's amazing!! It's such a beautiful bag :smile: I hope I can get it soon! I'm saving for it!

Just wondering if anyone has purchased the new Little Ukita yet and if so what are your thoughts? What color did you get? I have been looking at Dirty Martini or Currant and think I would like to go with this over the Hillier but wanted some others thoughts. Thanks

Hi, I just got the Little Ukita in Dirty Martini this weekend. I love it! I'm not in a place where I can upload a photo but I will do it later tonight. This bag is fabulous. The leather is so wonderful to the touch. I saw the Currant color as well and like it too, but I wanted the Dirty Martini. It was calling to me. I can carry the bag by the handheld strap in the crook of my arm as well as I can carry it on my shoulder with a t-shirt and light cardi. The long strap works well for me as a cross-body strap. The bag lies comfortably along my side even when stuffed. The Dirty Martini color is great and will go with everything in my wardrobe (blacks, greys, blues, teals, browns, purples, reds, etc.).

The bag is not heavy as other MBMJ or MJ bags are IMHO. The size of this bag is just perfect for me. Roomy but not overly large. I think the full size Ukita would be too big for me. I'm 5 ft. 6 in. I highly recommend this bag.

Last edited:
I went ahead and ordered it in Dirty Martini as well. Purple is my favorite color but the Currant was a bit dark for me and I found that the Dirty Martini seemed smooshier. The Currant was a bit stiffer, maybe the way the leather was treated to be colored???
Anyway, I absolutely love it. I will post pics when I get a chance. Can't wait to use it!!!!
This is my first MBMJ bag, yeah!! Might get the Baby Groovee in Currant next??

I went ahead and ordered it in Dirty Martini as well. Purple is my favorite color but the Currant was a bit dark for me and I found that the Dirty Martini seemed smooshier. The Currant was a bit stiffer, maybe the way the leather was treated to be colored???
Anyway, I absolutely love it. I will post pics when I get a chance. Can't wait to use it!!!!
This is my first MBMJ bag, yeah!! Might get the Baby Groovee in Currant next??

Yay! congrats! I'm a fan of purple, too, but chose the neutral in this case. I hope you love your bag when you get it. The leather is really smooshy. Can't wait to hear your review!:biggrin:

Well, I received the Little Ukita but also ordered a regular size Ukita from ShopBop. Both arrived today and I am torn. Both are the Dirty Martini color and although the Ukita is definitely much larger I am leaning towards that one. It definitely has more of a slouchy feel but not sure if it is too big for me, I am 5'3". I am going to post some pics of me wearing both when I figure out how to do it and would appreciate feedback if possible. I am torn.