MBMJ jeans, dye bleeding problem

Nora1

Dec 27, 2006
Several weeks ago I bought the MBMJ Chrissie skinnies jeans in raw rinse from Holt Renfrew, and have only worn them twice since. The first day I wore them, I noticed my hands were an eerie shade of blue at the end of the day. I assumed it was from a leaking pen or some such thing but couldn't find the root of the problem. The 2nd time I wore them, the same thing happend again, and it became apparent that it was the jeans, as the long white tank I was wearing also got a strange, but quite light, stain of blue around the bottom hem, and I noticed my grey converse had some blue on them as well(it was raining that day).
So my questions are, if I wash them will the excess dye come out?(I didn't wash them between the two times I wore them) I am quite found of the jeans...
Or should I take them back? Will they take them back as a damage and refund me?

I don't think that they are going to take them back. Color transfer
happens with all the dark rinse jeans. Often they come with tags or stickers on them to warn you that the color of the jeans might transfer on lighter colors. I think once you wash them it won't be such a problem anymore. But make sure you wash them inside out so they stay a nice dark color.