MbMJ colour transfer question

1. I just received my Midnight Lady L bowler and love it to death. But since it's a dark blue and the care card says that colour transfer might occur, I'm a little worried about wearing light coloured clothing when I carry it. Has anyone had any issues at all with colour transfer? Any input/advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. I say be careful when wearing light coloured clothing. My white top turned slightly black from my black dr grovee bag. So i say be careful when wearing light coloured tops with your bag!

3. It will transfer to light clothing for sure. Just be very aware of it when you carry it - it is such a classy bag!!

4. Thanks for the advice! I probably shouldn't carry it on my shoulder with that cream coloured top I was planning to wear tomorrow...

5. You know you could throw an old light towel over your shoulder and parade around your house with the bag on you arm and see what happens... can't hurt to test it - maybe the transfer issues are not a significant as they once were? I can tell you for sure that his lighter colored bags pick up color still...

6. I'd definitely test it out. My Faridah now has a couple little blue spots from color transfer from jeans. :crybaby:

7. Thanks for the tip, forenfinal. I'll try that tonight! :yes:

8. Oh dear. :sad: Are you going to try to remove them? I'm considering a cream bag next and am leaning towards the Dot Satchel in patent since I think it'll be easier to maintain than matte leather...

9. I got most of it off by using a baby wipe and gently, gently rubbing it. I'm new to the MJ world but I usually use baby wipes on my LV's vachetta so I thought it wouldn't hurt to try. Now there are just a couple small areas on the piping on the bottom of the bag that are still blue. You can't see it when you carry it so I am trying not to let it bother me! :Push::sweatdrop:

10. I think it's really difficult to get rid of jean transfer, especially on a cream colored bag! MbMJ leather is very very soft, untreated leather so color transfer is more likely to occur. I usually try not to put anything on my bags, but I've read that people have had good experience with Apple (?) products!

11. I know this is an old post but I would like some opinion. I’m about to purchase a Marc Jacobs bag in stone grey. Should I worry about colour transfer ie jeans etc?

12. Yes, as with any light bag, you probably want to keep it away from denim and anything color can rub off of. There's something by Apple Guard that you can treat leather with to prevent transfer. You might want to try https://forum.purseblog.com/forums/handbag-care-maintenance.272/