MBMJ Classic Q Natasha

I find that sites online vary in sizes even if it's the same bag. Since some companies include the length of the flap as the height when it's opened. And others don't so it seems shorter since it's closed. But it's really the same bag ha. If you are confused about which bag is the mini and which one is not when ordering from whichever site you choose, compare it to the sizes on the Marc Jacobs site.

I actually received my Classic Q Natasha in the mail today. I got it in black and it's the regular sized one. It's the perfect medium sized bag! I am 5'3" and it hits perfectly at the hip when used as a crossbody, when adjusted to the last hole. As a shoulder bag, it's a bit longer and hits right below my behind ha. Hope this helps!
Hi there,

I'm having difficulty choosing between the Classic Q Natasha and its mini version. For reference, I am 5'1". I've read and heard that the strap for the original Natasha is much too long for shorter gals like myself (and look awkward when carried either on the side or as a crossbody, which truly sucks).

Does anyone here have both the original and the mini? If so, please post pics of both for a side-by-side comparison! And if anyone could model both or one it'd help me out so much!

Thanks in advance!

-Allison

Hi there,

I'm having difficulty choosing between the Classic Q Natasha and its mini version. For reference, I am 5'1". I've read and heard that the strap for the original Natasha is much too long for shorter gals like myself (and look awkward when carried either on the side or as a crossbody, which truly sucks).

Does anyone here have both the original and the mini? If so, please post pics of both for a side-by-side comparison! And if anyone could model both or one it'd help me out so much!

Thanks in advance!

-Allison

Hi! I'm a shorty too, 5'2". I have a mini Natasha and I have a regular coming in the mail this week (they didn't have the warm zinc color I wanted in stock). I did try on the regular in the store before ordering, and I felt like it was the perfect crossbody length! It was on the middle hole in the store, and I felt it hit perfectly on me both crossbody and on the side. I love both bags! I bought the mini in a super-bright color (electric blue lemonade), so it's gorgeous, but it's definitely a weekend/fun bag- it's too small for me for everyday. I think the regular is going to be perfect. Good luck deciding! Which color are you looking at?

Thanks for your input! I am thinking of getting cardamom brown. I think it's a very beautiful and versatile color.

I like that you chose a fun color for the mini. I'd thought about that doing that. But in the dead of winter it's hard to imagine wearing something small and bright with my winter jacket (maybe I'll consider it more seriously during spring) :P

I'm still mulling over the size issue though! Is it possible for you to include some modeling pics with your mini? And please do take some pics when you get the original/medium size!

Thanks again :smile:

-Allison

Hi there,

Thanks in advance!

-Allison

I'm having the exact same dilemma, except I'm 5'0" :cry: I'd love to see some modelling photos! I feel the mini would be a bit too small for my needs but the regular would be far too long and swallow me up. And, like you also mentioned, it'd be less convenient and comfortable to wear a smaller bag over a bulky winter coat, but great for warmer seasons though! Decisions decisions... :wacko: I'm leaning more towards the mini though. Proportion wise I think it would look better.

I'm having the exact same dilemma, except I'm 5'0" :cry: I'd love to see some modelling photos! I feel the mini would be a bit too small for my needs but the regular would be far too long and swallow me up. And, like you also mentioned, it'd be less convenient and comfortable to wear a smaller bag over a bulky winter coat, but great for warmer seasons though! Decisions decisions... :wacko: I'm leaning more towards the mini though. Proportion wise I think it would look better.

Technically (and unfortunately) I'm *almost* 5'1" (5'0.63" to be veryyy exact) so we are in very similar shoes haha. By my last post, I meant to say that wearing a small bag during winter may be more convenient (since we're already so bulky) but it looks kinda mismatched in my opinion. Wearing tiny bags is kind of a summer (warm) thing in my mind. Plus I tend to generally carry a lot of extra crap wherever I go! But that's just me :P

Because of my needs, I think I have decided I will go for the medium. I've done the utmost possible measuring of the strap (taken down measurements from the various websites) and used a giant ruler against my body (lol) to make sure that, length-wise, it is still carry-able (if that's a word). I think I can do it! If anything, at its shortest (about 18-19") it is manageable.

It's just very confusing b/c I watched one YouTuber say that the strap is super long (and she was supposedly 5'10") so I thought... well that obviously isn't gonna work for me if she's complaining! But then I read reviews on actual shopping websites (Zappos, ShopBop, MJ itself) where a few ladies have mentioned their height (around 5'0" - 5'1") and they seem to get by. Of course, it's still gonna sit slightly longer cuz we're short but if it's not *too* long that it's super awkward I think it's ok.

You should try the ruler method! Get the measurements for the mini first. From what I've learned, the MJ customer service stated that the strap drop for the medium is 22" (max).

Hope this helps!

I love the Natasha, it is very popular here in Southern California, and now that I have one, I can see why! It holds a lot of items, and the soft slouchy leather feels so comfortable on your shoulder. I have the larger size, and the retailer's photos all make it look much bigger than it is once you take out the stuffing and put your items in it. I got mine at Nordstrom last month.

The opening of the smaller Natasha is too small for a wallet, but is just enough for a cellphone, cosmetics, and maybe a billfold or change purse. I don't like to change out wallets so I got the larger size.

If I can figure out how to post pics here I will add one so you can see it on. I bought the Cardamom Brown, although I would have preferred the Carob Brown. If anyone wants to trade let me know, ha ha!

I'm also 5'0" and about 95 lbs. I had this same issue a couple months ago. I ended up ordering both because I couldn't make up my mind. I kept the mini and returned the regular sized one. It just looked too big on me. The length of the crossbody strap was fine though, I just though it looked huge on me.The mini is very small and the opening is tight. I also bought the lil Ukita which I absolute love! It's about the same size as the regular Natasha but since you can wear it as a shoulder bag it looks much better on me, not so big. I will post pics later of the mini for you.

Wow, I've never met so many people who are on par in size with me. I'm juuust under 5'2" and 100-105lbs so I feel the pain of straps being too long. That said, it's usually pretty cheap to take a bag into a leather shop and have a couple extra holes punched. Little more expensive but still fairly cheap to just have the strap shortened.

See, once again, we have conflicting views of the strap length! Confusing!

I will just have to trust that my ruler method does the trick!

If anyone has pictures, please do post them. Particularly if you're in the 5'0" - 5'2" height range :P

Ok, so here's a few shots of my mini in electric blue lemonade. I'm 5'2" and a bit curvy. I have it set on one of the middle spots, so it could come up a little higher if I wanted it to. It's a perfect size for essentials-it hold my cosmetic case, sunglasses case, coin pouch, and phone with a little spare room. I put my keys and credit card case in the zip part. I love it in this bright color, but I'm not sure it'd be practical for me for everyday. I can't wait till my regular one gets here! It basically hits at the same spot on me, just the bag is bigger so the bottom of it is lower, if that makes sense. Will post pics when I get it!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPurseForum1391489274.865951.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1391489274.865951.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 1,242
  • ImageUploadedByPurseForum1391489284.314829.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1391489284.314829.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 1,250
Last edited:
Technically (and unfortunately) I'm *almost* 5'1" (5'0.63" to be veryyy exact) so we are in very similar shoes haha. By my last post, I meant to say that wearing a small bag during winter may be more convenient (since we're already so bulky) but it looks kinda mismatched in my opinion. Wearing tiny bags is kind of a summer (warm) thing in my mind. Plus I tend to generally carry a lot of extra crap wherever I go! But that's just me :P

Whoops, I totally misinterpreted your last post. I like to carry extras with me occasionally too. I'm completely confused now! I think I definitely need to see them both in person to make a decision... Too many conflicting views on the length. Starting to think the mini might be too small now. LOL. Life sure is tough when you're petite :P