Maybelline has changed Touch of Spice lipstick

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
So being down to metal on one of my favorite lippies, I bought a new one. When I went to removed the tag I noticed "new" on the label.
I swatched it and sure enough the old color is more brown, the new one more pink and lighter. WTF? Why mess with a good thing?

Attachments

• lip.jpg
    lip.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 156
So being down to metal on one of my favorite lippies, I bought a new one. When I went to removed the tag I noticed "new" on the label.
I swatched it and sure enough the old color is more brown, the new one more pink and lighter. WTF? Why mess with a good thing?

Ugh! I hate when they change the colors. They might as well change the name, too. lol

You can "fix" your new lipstick color with a brown lipliner, if you want. I know it's more of a hassle, but it does work. HTH!

Ugh! I hate when they change the colors. They might as well change the name, too. lol

You can "fix" your new lipstick color with a brown lipliner, if you want. I know it's more of a hassle, but it does work. HTH!
Why not just add this new color and keep the old one?
Yes, last night I used the new one. I found it a bit pale for evening to layered another maybelline lippie - Brown Blush - over it and a lighter more shimmery one over that.
the new color is ok but I'd still like to have the old one. Wonder if it could be on the shelf in another store. Probably not. That color always sold fast.

I still have the old touch of spice and love it even more than my high end lippies. What a shame they changed the colour!
I noticed the color of the case is different. If I go to walmart maybe I'll look to see if they have it in the old case. I have three favorite lipsticks and this was the middle one - not the lightest and not the darkest/brightest.....uugh

Reactions: Sora_V
I have found colors that weren't in the store on Walgreen's online and Walmart online you could take a look there - when I have one I like I go there and buy multiples cuz this always happens to me too!

I have found colors that weren't in the store on Walgreen's online and Walmart online you could take a look there - when I have one I like I go there and buy multiples cuz this always happens to me too!
good idea if the color was eliminated but since they are still selling under the same name but changed the color, I don't think you could judge online whether you're buying the original color the the "new" color

good idea...I wore it with an old brown liner I hadn't used for a long time.....looked good

Glad to hear! :tup: I like to use MAC Chestnut or Cork lipliners with lipsticks that need to be toned down a bit if they are too bright for me. NYX has a good dupe for MAC Chestnut. It's called Espresso.
I have so many lip liners I've bought over the years, worn and then kinda forgot about. I tend to use the same one or two most of the time.
The one I used last night was L'Oreal from the basic browns collection. Just brown. did the job.

Reactions: Shopgirl1996