Maybe this is the solution to STOP toe CREASINGin rockstud flats

NOIRetMoi

Dec 3, 2014
If we stiffened the tip of the shoe by packing it solid with tissue paper, for example, wouldn't that stop it from creasing?

The tip creases because it's soft and when we walk, it bends. If we fill some of that empty space with something, I have a feeling it will stop or at least minimize the creasing. My shoes are brand new, so I'm only going to try non-permanent thing, but I figured if this works, something like a little epoxy putty might be the perfect solution, right?

Who's willing to try some tissue paper with me? If you have a better non-permanent "stuffer" material, please share!

I wore them today with the tips packed solid with tissue paper and so far, so good!

NO CREASING!

Just don't wear them out on concrete tiles or any abrasive surfaces without having metal toe taps (round metal dots) added to the tips of your RS flats. I walked to a store 4 stores away from my car and back. My left shoe was ok, but on the right one, the sole at the very tip started to splice a little and the leather got a small scratch already.

Last edited:
If we stiffened the tip of the shoe by packing it solid with tissue paper, for example, wouldn't that stop it from creasing?

The tip creases because it's soft and when we walk, it bends. If we fill some of that empty space with something, I have a feeling it will stop or at least minimize the creasing. My shoes are brand new, so I'm only going to try non-permanent thing, but I figured if this works, something like a little epoxy putty might be the perfect solution, right?

Who's willing to try some tissue paper with me? If you have a better non-permanent "stuffer" material, please share!

Great tip! I just got some flats and I didn't realise that creasing was a problem! Will try this the first time I wear them for sure!

Great tip! I just got some flats and I didn't realise that creasing was a problem! Will try this the first time I wear them for sure!

Yeah, it's often an issue with the leather more than the patent leather Rockstud flats, but I've seen worn patent ones with creased tips as well.

It's working great with my flats. I stuffed the tips solid with tissue paper and left enough room for my toes. So far, the shoes only bend where my toes bend (which is normal); from there to the tip, the shoes are still like new. No creases :smile:

Last edited:
I haven't actually experienced creasing on my flats and have worn mine a handful of times already but I do second either having a protective sole put on your flats or the metal tips. The leather on the sole of my flat tips got destroyed within one or 2 wears 😨