Maybe is just me or im getting old? now I wanna buy vintage bags

I do! :smile: I'm 34 and I love finding vintage LV bags in a local Japanese surplus shop in our town. I love the steal price (the cheapest I got was under $10!) and I am always excited in finding ways to restore it. And I do not usually bump into someone with the same bag when I carry my vintage LVoes! ;)

Reactions: bellaNlawrence
I do! :smile: I'm 34 and I love finding vintage LV bags in a local Japanese surplus shop in our town. I love the steal price (the cheapest I got was under $10!) and I am always excited in finding ways to restore it. And I do not usually bump into someone with the same bag when I carry my vintage LVoes! ;)

wow, I wish i can find gem in sydney, I dont know any surplus shop in, where I live.
totally agree that with vintage you dont bump into someone with the same bag, thats one of the reason I like vintage bag :smile:

can you show me some of your vintage bag that you find and restore???:biggrin:

Hi sorry for my uber late reply. Been very busy these past few days.. I have 2 vintage finds but I haven't restored them yet fully. But I have removed most of the white stains they had all over the canvas. Here's the 1st one -- a vintage cosmetic case :smile:

Attachments

• 20140624_205611-1.jpg
    20140624_205611-1.jpg
    456.2 KB · Views: 1,853
Maybe is me,, or I'm just getting old???
but now i wanna buy a Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas ELLIPSE
does anyone have a passion for vintage bag ??

i love the look of the Ellipse (PM) and owned it for about a month last year. i sold it because i hated the way everything fit strangely in the bag. but i'm really re-thinking that and have been looking at them on eBay ... sigh

Here's the other one. I have also removed white stains on the canvas. I had the broken strap repaired. The lining of both bags are sticky and peeled but for the meantime, I place baby powder so it would not be too sticky until I find the time to bring it again to the repair shop. It's quite costly to have the linings replaced. I'm still looking for a repair shop with a good deal. I want to save in repairs as I have saved in buying these vintage lovelies. That's the point of buying vintage too, I might say ;)

Attachments

• 20140624_210759-1.jpg
    20140624_210759-1.jpg
    468.6 KB · Views: 1,866
Here's the other one. I have also removed white stains on the canvas. I had the broken strap repaired. The lining of both bags are sticky and peeled but for the meantime, I place baby powder so it would not be too sticky until I find the time to bring it again to the repair shop. It's quite costly to have the linings replaced. I'm still looking for a repair shop with a good deal. I want to save in repairs as I have saved in buying these vintage lovelies. That's the point of buying vintage too, I might say ;)
You did a great job! How did you get rid of the white marks?

You did a great job! How did you get rid of the white marks?

Thanks! :smile: I used my trusty Apple Leather Care Leather Conditioner. It was an experiment on my part since I only use it to treat the vachetta on my mono items. But lo and behold, it was able to remove most of the white stains (which I don't know what caused them).

There are still some white stains and I'm thinking if I'll try LMB products or just take the cosmetic case and bag to a popular bag repair shop in our place, whichever would cost me less, haha! ;)

Thanks! :smile: I used my trusty Apple Leather Care Leather Conditioner. It was an experiment on my part since I only use it to treat the vachetta on my mono items. But lo and behold, it was able to remove most of the white stains (which I don't know what caused them).

There are still some white stains and I'm thinking if I'll try LMB products or just take the cosmetic case and bag to a popular bag repair shop in our place, whichever would cost me less, haha! ;)

Thanks for the info!