Maybe is just me or im getting old? now I wanna buy vintage bags

wow, I wish i can find gem in sydney, I dont know any surplus shop in, where I live.
totally agree that with vintage you dont bump into someone with the same bag, thats one of the reason I like vintage bag :smile:

I hope you find one :smile: It's like treasure-hunting! You'll never know what you're going to dig, haha! I guess I was lucky that day to find those 2 LVoelies in their stack of bags. I plan to go back there this July. If I ever get to find another vintage LV, I'll share it with you here :smile:

I have an Ellipse MM and I still love it. I bought it because I saw a guy wearing it while I was driving home. He looked so good carrying it that I went and bought one for myself. No, I'm not a guy. :lol:

I just bought two vintage bags as well! One from ebay arrived today and was kindly authenticated by the amazing TPF team, it's a Speedy 30 from 1988 with gorgeous patina. I too am pampering it with apple care. The other one I bought from eLady, and it's this 2006 stamped PM from the Trunks collection. That one is due to arrive on Monday. (As you can tell, I was in serious need of some retail therapy this month!) Previous to these, I was a boutique addict...but after reading about some quality issues lately, I started looking at vintage, which turned out to be an expensive venture :smile:

I hope you find one :smile: It's like treasure-hunting! You'll never know what you're going to dig, haha! I guess I was lucky that day to find those 2 LVoelies in their stack of bags. I plan to go back there this July. If I ever get to find another vintage LV, I'll share it with you here :smile:

Please do I love to see what u find, im going to start hunting ;)

I just bought two vintage bags as well! One from ebay arrived today and was kindly authenticated by the amazing TPF team, it's a Speedy 30 from 1988 with gorgeous patina. I too am pampering it with apple care. The other one I bought from eLady, and it's this 2006 stamped PM from the Trunks collection. That one is due to arrive on Monday. (As you can tell, I was in serious need of some retail therapy this month!) Previous to these, I was a boutique addict...but after reading about some quality issues lately, I started looking at vintage, which turned out to be an expensive venture :smile:

Can u post some photos, once ur babies arrived? ?
Would love to see them :smile:

I love vintage LV too! My first Speedy was over 20 years old and then I bought a vintage Alma. I have a vintage Trousse Toiletry pouch and I just purchased a really cute vintage LV key chain from a consignment shop for $45.

Can you show me your vintage piece? Thank you
I sold the Alma but here is my Trousse Toilette (?) and little key chain. The interior of the Toiletry bag has a few marks but it's still in great condition - from the 1980's. You can fit a ton of stuff inside-full size shampoo/conditioner plus a lot more. I put my TP 19 inside for size reference!

Attachments

• Vintage LV 0004.jpg
    Vintage LV 0004.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 634
  • Vintage LV 0008.jpg
    Vintage LV 0008.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 638
  • Vintage LV 0012.jpg
    Vintage LV 0012.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 645
  • Vintage LV 0017.jpg
    Vintage LV 0017.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 636
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1404330441.570093.jpg
I also had to have a vintage Alma, so this is from 1993. It is nice to know, this bag has a history and that it has adventures of its own.
I am thinking buying my sons something vintage too, someday:smile: