May sound silly but.....

Good morning, Maggien and everyone!

Monsoon, I just googled "Nicolas Ghesquière Le Dix" and there are articles that say it's the Balenciaga ready-to-wear line. It would be nice to know if 10 was just a magic sounding number or if there were actually 10 of something.

^^Too funny...that's got to be right!! :lol:

Good morning, Maggien and everyone!

Monsoon, I just googled "Nicolas Ghesquière Le Dix" and there are articles that say it's the Balenciaga ready-to-wear line. It would be nice to know if 10 was just a magic sounding number or if there were actually 10 of something.

^^Too funny...that's got to be right!! :lol:

Good Morning RD!! This will be interesting. I really hadn't considered the fact there might actually be a menaing to the name of the bag.....

This thread is really fun(ny) and very useful for a newbie like me! Keep going pls... :amuse:

Btw, not sure if someone has posted this one already or not
^^ = smiling eyes

Only if it is in French. Balenciaga is a Spanish name, so it really ought to be "bah-lehn-thi-ah-gah", but usually pronounced by English speakers as "bah-lehn-see-ah-gah".

That's what I think too.
Since the designer was Spanish in the first place, I think the pronunciation would be BA LEN THIA GA.
BA LON CIA AR GA is only for French
But I usually say BA LEN CIA AH GA
:confused1:

Not that anyone is reading this thread anymore, but I'd just like to congratulate myself because I've officially used my first "DH" in a post. Casually slipped it into a sentence like I've been saying it all my life... so cool am I :supacool:, whoo hoooo!! Thanks everyone for enlightening me!

HA!!! When I first started to read "LOL" used in blogs, I thought it meant lots of love. I know that sounds really duh, but it's true...I was wondering why all these people were telling each other they loved each other lots - when they hadn't even met! I have since found out that it means lots of laughs (or at least that's what I have been told it means). Personally, I would rather just type "HA"! Anyway, I thought I'd mention that one

^ I love it! lots of love... LOL! (laugh out loud) I think it stands for.

I see acronyms all the time that I have no idea what they are trying to say.

How about ETA? I haven't figured out what that one means?

^ I just searched through the Apprev. Directory...it's Edited to Add for blog-speak....otherwise you;re right.

ETA: (look, Ma, I'm using it ;o) Too bad we can't just right mouse click to see the full meaning of the abbreviations like you can with misspellings...

I still don't know how to pronounce this one: "Le Dix"

Back in '01 when I was calling every store in NYC trying to find the Black Bag Kate Moss was wearing every magazine, it went a little something like this, "Hi, I'm wondering if you carry the Lay Dicks bag that Kate Moss is carrying in Harpers Bazaar?" :roflmfao:

LMAO

Le Dix is french for the Ten, (dont know the meaning of that though) and its pronounced in french "luh dee"

This thread is really funny!:lol:
but does anyone actually know how to pronounce some of the color names?
eg: Vert Gazon, Vert Fonce, Jaune D'or, Rouille, just to name a few?