*May/June* Show us your new adquisitions BalGal!

The much appreciated Bal authentication thread seems to have come to a hopefully temporary halt. I’ve had this bag authenticated via PM and by “TPF Bal sources” we all trust on here so I’ve cut the tags and can finally present to you my first Balenciaga black City It’s a new to me 2011 City from the F/W season and it’s too gorgeous to be true- to me. The condition is excellent, somebody’s been taking very good care of this bag, it looks as new, not a mark.

I know you’ve seen black Bals here before ;) but I’m so grateful I found it after looking at so many others (including a few disappointments). Having the TPF Bal experts hold my hand through these purchases and authentications has been invaluable.

This City is new enough that I won’t be too "holy grail star struck" to wear it and still HG:ish enough as it's a part of the Nicholas Ghesquière legacy while he was still with Bal, a perfect mix to me. The leather feels fantastic, and even if I actually like the shine of the newer City:s (and in time will probably buy one) this leather just looks “more”, you know :yes:

Here it is and I know, the amount of pics is a tad heavily excessive but please indulge me, it’s my first black Bal City :loveeyes: :yahoo:
View attachment 3691592
View attachment 3691593
View attachment 3691594
View attachment 3691595
View attachment 3691596
View attachment 3691597
It's so gorgeous! Major congrats to you!!!:flowers::heart:

Let's start..:biggrin:
Hi- I am new to this forum and just received my first B bag. Purchased from NM online, it's a Giant 12 Golden City Bag. Funny enough, when I was ordering it, there was only Dark Brown available, but when it arrived, it turned out to be Dark Gray. I started getting a little worried that perhaps I received a fake that someone else had previously returned. I have been reviewing videos about authenticating it and wondering the people on this forum can help me. (For some reason, I am not able to start a new thread, so apologies if this is not an appropriate post). I figured the ones who post here would be very knowledgable on their B bags! The first concern I have is that the zippers do not say "Lampo" but instead have a capital "B" on it. I think i saw somewhere that this is a new thing? Also, the inner leather tag does not say BALENCIAGA.PARIS Instead, Paris is written in caps, in smaller font underneath Balenciaga. On the underside, there is a serial number and "Made in Italy" and "Fabrique en Itatie", all in caps. Does this sound good to all of you so far? The hardware seems good. The leather is not super soft, I guess I was expecting buttery soft leather. Bag was purchased on sale online for about half the regular price. One more thing, the dark gray is very dark, compared to what I see posted online at NM (now offered at full price), but it could just be the photography and lighting...

Hi- I am new to this forum and just received my first B bag. Purchased from NM online, it's a Giant 12 Golden City Bag. Funny enough, when I was ordering it, there was only Dark Brown available, but when it arrived, it turned out to be Dark Gray. I started getting a little worried that perhaps I received a fake that someone else had previously returned. I have been reviewing videos about authenticating it and wondering the people on this forum can help me. (For some reason, I am not able to start a new thread, so apologies if this is not an appropriate post). I figured the ones who post here would be very knowledgable on their B bags! The first concern I have is that the zippers do not say "Lampo" but instead have a capital "B" on it. I think i saw somewhere that this is a new thing? Also, the inner leather tag does not say BALENCIAGA.PARIS Instead, Paris is written in caps, in smaller font underneath Balenciaga. On the underside, there is a serial number and "Made in Italy" and "Fabrique en Itatie", all in caps. Does this sound good to all of you so far? The hardware seems good. The leather is not super soft, I guess I was expecting buttery soft leather. Bag was purchased on sale online for about half the regular price. One more thing, the dark gray is very dark, compared to what I see posted online at NM (now offered at full price), but it could just be the photography and lighting...
One more (minor) thing - the mirror was missing any plastic film to cover it before use.

The much appreciated Bal authentication thread seems to have come to a hopefully temporary halt. I’ve had this bag authenticated via PM and by “TPF Bal sources” we all trust on here so I’ve cut the tags and can finally present to you my first Balenciaga black City It’s a new to me 2011 City from the F/W season and it’s too gorgeous to be true- to me. The condition is excellent, somebody’s been taking very good care of this bag, it looks as new, not a mark.

I know you’ve seen black Bals here before ;) but I’m so grateful I found it after looking at so many others (including a few disappointments). Having the TPF Bal experts hold my hand through these purchases and authentications has been invaluable.

This City is new enough that I won’t be too "holy grail star struck" to wear it and still HG:ish enough as it's a part of the Nicholas Ghesquière legacy while he was still with Bal, a perfect mix to me. The leather feels fantastic, and even if I actually like the shine of the newer City:s (and in time will probably buy one) this leather just looks “more”, you know :yes:

Here it is and I know, the amount of pics is a tad heavily excessive but please indulge me, it’s my first black Bal City :loveeyes: :yahoo:
View attachment 3691592
View attachment 3691593
View attachment 3691594
View attachment 3691595
View attachment 3691596
View attachment 3691597

My favorite Bal- a Black classic city. Perfect. Congrats.

Reactions: Kendie26
I've had so much Bal bagcitement these last couple of days I'd probably pass out if aalinne_72 decided to do that :lol: But I'm sure if somebody holds something gorgeous Bal under my nose I'll come to really quickly :yes:
Haha, well i think i goofed up....i thought i was replying to aalinne in THIS thread as opposed to the May purchase thread so I THINK aalinne meant "the big day" is the arrival of her newest (???):graucho::lol:

all sounds good, as @muchstuff said, post the pics in the AT thread to get thumbs up
on the leather feeling note, this is a new era of Bal bags, they don't feel silky soft any longer, but they are still fabulous bags and true work horses :flowers: