*May/June* Show us your new adquisitions BalGal!

Sorry I keep forgetting you're not in the US. if you were ever to buy in the US however, RDC would be one of your best choices. And yes, poodles are very intelligent and probably would make good police dogs. You never see the show cuts outside of the show ring but their patrician features tend to make them look friendly. My guy, however, is not a dog you want to approach as a stranger...another fun fact, poodles were originally bred to retrieve waterfowl. The weird-looking haircuts had a purpose. Their woolly coats were kept long over kidneys, heart etc. to keep them warm in the water while any non-necessary coat was shaved off. Of course the show cuts probably became a tad more extreme...we keep our fellow in what is basically considered a puppy cut, but leave the floof on his ears and tail!

Re: the red lipsticks. Well, they're a few seasons old now and the women who bought them and carried them rarely or not at all may just be putting them out there in the market. Add to that the fact that it's a very show stopping colour and one that you'd notice more on the secondary market. There are likely to be as many of several other 2015 colours out there but perhaps they fly slightly under the radar because they're not as showy?
Yes, large poodles are quite impressive but I guess it's the tinier poodles that "sabotage" the reputation of all poodles :smile:

I think you're right about the Red Lipsticks. But I also saw that the eBay shop from which I bought and returned a new Black City (because everyone here felt something about it was off) are now selling brand new red City:s with tags, that look exactly like Red Lipstick. Only now they don't state "authentic" anywhere in their listings. I'm pretty sure they did when I bought the black Bal. In the words of Inspector Clouseau: Thiz iz very straaange :-s
inspclousautpf.jpg

Yes, large poodles are quite impressive but I guess it's the tinier poodles that "sabotage" the reputation of all poodles :smile:

I think you're right about the Red Lipsticks. But I also saw that the eBay shop from which I bought and returned a new Black City (because everyone here felt something about it was off) are now selling brand new red City:s with tags, that look exactly like Red Lipstick. Only now they don't state "authentic" anywhere in their listings. I'm pretty sure they did when I bought the black Bal. In the words of Inspector Clouseau: Thiz iz very straaange :-s
View attachment 3744154
Very Interesting I'd like to see that. Can you PM me the link?

I have been a major-league bad girl lately, scooping up some oldies and some newbies .. like this very special edition from 2015! Veau (Calf) leather with interesting HW, I expect that like my other Veau leather handbags, over time .. this will get so nice & soft & schlumpy!!! So, to start .. here she is ..

View attachment 3743902

This is GORGEOUS CeeJay!!! Congrats on another beauty!!!

Last edited:
Found another SUPER-DUPER RARE bag; honestly .. never saw this before, but after some research, realized that it was made for the Asian market only. Again, GORGEOUS super-soft Burgundy calfskin with "stitching" all over and Silver HW .. god, I LOVE this bag!!!

View attachment 3743983

I love this one with the 'staples' & haven't seen this colour before. There was a light grey a few months back from a Japanese reseller that caught my eye, though I didn't get it....kinda wish I did now ;)
ps: LOVE your other new finds too, especially the 02 FBF :heart:

I am lusting for a pink Bal, yours is gorgeous!

Hi Chowlover 2, I hope you find the perfect shade of pink Bal for you :smile: what kind of pinks do you like?

I spotted ppl selling framboise n cyclamade (pink bals)..really pretty but in a beat up condition like dry handles with cracked.....lucky i found this perfect condition one! :smile:

.. and last, but not least .. Rouge Lipstick City!!!

Huge grats on all your "new" beauties.
Think my favorite is this one though. I always thought Rouge Lipstick was a gorgeous color.

.. and here you go!!! Can I say HOW MUCH I LOVE this bag?????? I wore it for the past 2 days (was at a Gem Show convention), and honestly .. it's just the perfect bag as it's smooshy, soft and the fact that I can wear it cross-body .. PERFECTION!!!

It's holding up very well .. remember, I also have the original Calfskin Riva bags in my collection, and they are some of my favorite bags (I have the Royal Blue and Black Riva Velos .. the only Velos in my collection!). Honestly, the Calfskin reminds me more of the old Chevre, as it's pretty darn durable (as opposed to the Agneau). Honestly, if you can find one, I would totally get it .. they are wonderful!

View attachment 3744003
It's aging beautifully. I didn't think the metal plates would work once it started slouching, but it does.