May 8th Barneys!!! What shoes will you wear?

Probably 10-10:30am for me, after morning traffic rush. I'm not around that area much, so I'm looking to browse a few places, etc.

Maybe a designated cafe/eatery to meet at would be nice, for those of us who would like to grab some food before.

We should have an itinerary:

-Coffee/Brunch
-Try on shoes
-Get in line
-Event starts
-Get stuff autographed
-Visit boutique
-Go to Happy Hour... :party:

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!! this sounds like the perfect itinerary!!! :yahoo::tup:

ps. Have you ever been to Toast? Its been a while for me, but I remember it being so yum!

Probably 10-10:30am for me, after morning traffic rush. I'm not around that area much, so I'm looking to browse a few places, etc.

Maybe a designated cafe/eatery to meet at would be nice, for those of us who would like to grab some food before.

I think that would be a great time frame! Is there anyone who wants to be in charge of organizing this meet!? I totally would but I'm currently booked for the next three weeks with my thesis writing and law school apps! I could help after though... and it would still be a week before!

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!! this sounds like the perfect itinerary!!! :yahoo::tup:

ps. Have you ever been to Toast? Its been a while for me, but I remember it being so yum!

I think that would be a great time frame! Is there anyone who wants to be in charge of organizing this meet!? I totally would but I'm currently booked for the next three weeks with my thesis writing and law school apps! I could help after though... and it would still be a week before!

OHHHH I love Toast!! The food is really good there and it's such a cute brunch place!

I could help organize it..what do I need to do though? :P

Thanks for the tip Stinas! Are we allowed to bring others for him to sign?
They didnt allow it in NYC Saks. Every place is different, so bring/wear a pair.
xnplo, at the Saks event in NY you could only have 2 pairs, bought that day at the store (at the event), signed. They didn't have a limit at first, but they set one when the line and wait time was getting ridiculously long.
yes, go early. By the time I got up to him we were only allowed 1 pair.
Hmmmm I wonder what the rules will be at this event at Barney's because the one I went to at NM Scottsdale (two or three days after the Saks NYC event in Feb) the rules were less strict. I did buy declics, but I brought my HGs the Electric blue suede rolandos with me and he signed both!

BUT I was fourth in line to see him... I just suggest getting there early enough so that you can be in the front because I think that once Barney's realizes how crazy it can get, they will start limiting what can be done to accommodate as many people as possible. (as mentioned by RJD)

ps I think we should start organizing something for this event! Im 90% positive I will be making an LA trip that week for this event... but I will be 100% if we want to organize something fun! Who's in!?:P
Go early. It was crazy last time. I went about an hour after it started & everyone was like vultures.
Well I got there about an hour before, and there were already a few ladies there getting smashed on the champagne and trying on shoes like crazy!! About 20 mintues before it officially started, people were rolling in... 5 minutes to go and the line was busy and then NM suddenly filled up out of nowhere! I was actually surprised I was able to get such a great spot in line because this event was held on a saturday @ 2pm on a day when everyones at the mall and most have off! But i have a feeling that LA will be much busier... I'd like to get there a couple hours early so I can try my shoes and not have issue, kwim!?quote]
lol That was me! hahaha
so i just called barneys bh and they said they arent getting any new stuff before the cl meet. Thats weird eh?
Thats BS because when I talked to the SA at the Saks signing he said they were going crazy the night before because of the huge shipment they got. I dont think they find out until it comes or they just dont say anything. Three is no way they dont stock up. Imagine a couple hundred people wanting these shoes & them having a small stock. It would be crazy.

Never been to Toast, but it sounds good already.

Good question... what would be involved? Maybe you'll be the picture keeper and ID us as we arrive. :biggrin:
OHHHH I love Toast!! The food is really good there and it's such a cute brunch place!

I could help organize it..what do I need to do though? :P

Never been to Toast, but it sounds good already.

Good question... what would be involved? Maybe you'll be the picture keeper and ID us as we arrive. :biggrin:

<-----:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

I think getting a head count for a reservation (at some place TBD/ TOAST) the directions to the spot so that no one gets lost and maybe sending out the "itinerary" (that includes some happy hour spots nearby/ maybe parking- idk how tough parking is in the hills) just basically doing what you think would be best, I guess:P

OOOOooohh... :lol: That's quite advanced. I understand now! Sorry for the :confused1:... I would have just told everyone "Go Here" :P

I think getting a head count for a reservation (at some place TBD/ TOAST) the directions to the spot so that no one gets lost and maybe sending out the "itinerary" (that includes some happy hour spots nearby/ maybe parking- idk how tough parking is in the hills) just basically doing what you think would be best, I guess:P

xnplo: maybe you and I could split some of these responsibilities. I'm familiar with toast and the parking etc so I could do that but happy hour I'm not too sure what's around there, do you know? The only places I know would be in Hollywood but parking may be a bit of a pain unless there's valet

I'm up for it... :flowers: I'm not too familiar, but I can certainly survey some friends and do some research. :yes:

*** Please PM me your email address if you're in for May 8th. ***

I'll email everyone once I get some ideas together and perhaps we can even vote on a happy hour place.
xnplo: maybe you and I could split some of these responsibilities. I'm familiar with toast and the parking etc so I could do that but happy hour I'm not too sure what's around there, do you know? The only places I know would be in Hollywood but parking may be a bit of a pain unless there's valet

Hmm. We should first pick a place to have brunch at? I'm coming from the OC so I don't want to hit traffic on the way up :/ what time is good for that?

If you left between 10-10:30 traffic should be clear by then..any later and you'll hit noontime traffic.

I'm up for it... :flowers: I'm not too familiar, but I can certainly survey some friends and do some research. :yes:

*** Please PM me your email address if you're in for May 8th. ***

I'll email everyone once I get some ideas together and perhaps we can even vote on a happy hour place.

Sounds good!:tup: so maybe for those that want to meet for brunch we could do like 11 or 11:30am?

If you left between 10-10:30 traffic should be clear by then..any later and you'll hit noontime traffic.

Sounds good!:tup: so maybe for those that want to meet for brunch we could do like 11 or 11:30am?

NOONTIME TRAFFIC!?:wtf: thats right LA driving is crazy, I had forgotten! I think I'm just going to take the earliest flight, brave the drive, and shop my other stores before our CL expedition! But how early do we want to get there? I think an hour before (1.5 hr at most) would be good that way we can peacefully try on our shoes (pass judgment on our shoes:P) and be first in line sitting pretty drinking champagne with the best CLs there!!!

I wish I was off to meet you socal ladies! Your itinerary sounds fun.

COME ON OVER!!! seriously get a flight! Are you far? I'm flying in:yes: (given I live in Arizona so its not THAT much of a stretch and the flight is cheap:P)