Maxim Magazine Presents: Fantastic Farrelly Brothers Movies

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
Unlike most bros, the Farrelly Brothers are a hoot. In light of The Heartbreak Kid, we present six of their silliest moments.

Me, Myself, & Irene
The most underrated movie in the Farrelly Bros. canon? You´ve got the nice-guy Jim Carrey exchanging hip-hop-isms with his three genius mixed-race sons. You´ve got the mad-guy Carrey achieving particularly scatological revenge on a wayward neighbor. The best moment, however, is where the two Carreys meet: in a motel bathroom, where the nice guy deals with a urine-spraying issue prompted by the mad guy´s duplicitous seduction of Irene (Renée Zellweger). The chambermaid has some work ahead of her.

Attachments

• Me%2C_Myself_and_Irene_Posters.jpg
    Me%2C_Myself_and_Irene_Posters.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 9
Dumb and Dumber
We could feature the entire movie here, really: The "Mockingbird" sing-along, the wildly chivalrous attempts at courting Mary Swanson (Lauren Holly), the angriest snowball assault in the history of celluloid, etc. But really, Lloyd and Harry are never quite as blissfully frenetic as they are during their unorthodox application of ketchup and mustard in the roadside diner. Napkins are for losers.

Attachments

• Dumbanddumberposter.jpg
    Dumbanddumberposter.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 15
Kingpin
Yes, yes—they went to the making-out-with-old-ladies bit one time too many here. That said, NASCAR could learn a few things from the spectacle that is Ernie "Big Ern" McCracken´s introduction at the climactic tournament. Chills down our collective spine, pure chills.

Attachments

• Kingpin_DVD_cover.jpg
    Kingpin_DVD_cover.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 11
There´s Something About Mary
The movie that spawned a zillion hair-gel bits is actually best when it goes the Three Stooges route, like the pre-prom incident ("we have a bleeder") or in the sequence when the wonderfully mustachioed Pat Healy (Matt Dillon) takes a haymaker to the throat. If Ali or Tyson has thrown a better punch, we haven´t seen it.

Attachments

• There%27s_Something_About_Mary_film_poster.jpg
    There%27s_Something_About_Mary_film_poster.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 18
Shallow Hal
A kindler, gentler Farrelly Bros. movie, in that it suggests that love is blind. Or fat. Whatever. Anyway, while Jack Black´s manic energy might not be for everyone, you gotta admire how his egocentric, massively judgmental oaf gets down with all the large gals on the dance floor. He´s like a shorter, squatter Travolta out there.

Attachments

• 405px-Shallowhalmovieposter.jpg
    405px-Shallowhalmovieposter.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 20
Stuck on You
How is it possible that it took until 2003 to convince Cher to strut her surgically re-enhanced stuff in a Farrelly Brothers movie? The conjoined-twins aspect is mostly played for broad, nuance-free laughs; Cher´s image-tweaking appearance pushes the flick into the realm of the comically surreal.

Attachments

• Stuck_On_You_film.jpg
    Stuck_On_You_film.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 21