Maxi Veneta as baby bag?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all, for those who have a maxi veneta:

Would you be able to use this as a baby bag for an infant? I carry diapers, wipes, spare onesie, changing mat, and my personal items like wallet, LV agenda, and a couple pouches.

It's been a while since I tried maxi in the store, and I feel like it would be big enough but I can't quite remember. I used to have a large veneta and know that would be way too small

Thanks for the advice!

2. I think a better style to get as a baby bag would be the "rete tote. I have both the maxi and tote. I use my tote to carry everything from groceries to gym gear. Is roomy and you can fit a lot while keeping everything at a glance.

3. The maxi would not be my choice for a baby bag. I don't think the opening is wide enough even though it is a large bag. And because it doesn't have a base per se, I think items might bulge out.

The Rete would certainly do the job but it might be too big. The smaller version might work.

But here's another thought. Why a leather BV? Formula, breast milk, cleaning wipes, diaper cream--all could spill out into the lining and create a mess. Also, you're going to need to hurl this bag around and put in down in restrooms or on the floor when you change your wee one. I'm all for a nice baby bag, but thousands of dollars on a bag that will get clobbered with use in a short amount of time is not something I'd do. if you want BV, what about a Marco Polo tote? It's a lot more durable, still has clean lines, and costs a heck of a lot less. When you wee one is a year, then treat yourself to a really special BV.

4. Thanks guys - looks like I should pass on the maxi for now. I already alternate between a goyard and not rational as my baby bag and think I may stick to this until the little one is a bit earlier :smile: