Maxi? or not.

chaneholic

O.G.
May 26, 2010
hello ladies,

I am contemplating to purchase a Beige Lambskin Maxi but havent seen it in real life before.
Most people are telling me maxi is too big and hence, looks awful.

I stand 1.65m tall. I already have the jumbo so I'll either go for the Medium or Maxi. Which would y'all recommend? And wouldnt mind modelling pictures if y'all have any to share. TIA! :smile::smile::smile:

oh AND
im looking for an everyday bag which can be used for both formal and casual.

Also looking at the Bottega Veneta Belly or maybe even the Balenciaga Bleu Lavende Part Time, but my only worry is that the color is difficult to match and i prolly wont use a balenciaga 5 years down the road?

These are the models im looking at:

DSC00670.jpg

IMG_4547.jpg

img103.jpg

Pictures credited to their respective owners.

So which one?

Although I don't post pictures and have all sizes of the classic flap. I think it is a matter of personal choice. Everyones' taste is different. Some TPFers believe it should fit the frame of your body proportionately while others rock any style of their preference and believe it is more of an attitude no matter how petite or how curvy. You have to personally decide. There are some threads that address leather care and preventive recommeded protectorants and considerations for lamb leather.

Many of us have lamb leather flaps and have had no problem with them over the years. I only recently got a dark beige distressed lamb leather CAM 11C (love it) and used a protectorant on it as a preventive aid for color transfer. I used it for 2 months straight during last winter(even through the storms) as well as today and have had some color transfer which has easily came off with a damp cloth and I later reapplied the LMB botannical Miracle Shield protectorant. There are a number or products recommended..you can choose which is best for you.

Questions I would ask myself might be what style bags you already have in your wardrobe? the purpose/use for the bag? the amount you typically carry in your bags, casual, day, eveining, or day to evening, and what your would wear it with? You find both M/L or Maxi to your liking.

Sorry, i din't see your second post. If the flap shown is beige clair you might want to think about potential maintenance of the light colored leather. The BV style also looks interesting for casual use. GL

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/lambskin-pep-talk-thread-569152.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/best-leather-conditioner-protectant-on-chanel-bags-94201.html

Hi,

I attached a pic with my classic lamb maxi. I am the same height as you so it will look good! 99% of the time i am in flats - either way a maxi is a great size!
I have 3 maxi's and 1 jumbo. Don't like the jumbo at all, feel its heaps small even though theres only a 3cm difference or so.

Attachments

• DSC01552-1.jpg
    DSC01552-1.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 505
Agree with chymera!
I'm 3 cm shorter than you but I love my maxi! I own 2 and hoping to buy my third one very soon
I don't like my jumbo that much either! I think once you are hooked to maxi, there is no way back (at least for me) :smile:

It is dependent on personal choice. But IMO I think maxis are too large and the cc lock looks disproportionate to the bag itself.

I don't carry the black maxi often. The large CC's frustrate me sometimes and bring too much attention. I'll only wear it at night.

I like to carry grey one more because of the smaller CC.

Attachments

• chanel grey lamb maxi.JPG
    chanel grey lamb maxi.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 305
LuxBagLVr: thanks for your advice! im actually contemplating this maxi simply bcos of the lambskin color and hw. My jumbo is already in caviar, and im not loving it as much i ought to. I think my first love is still lambskin and im gonna stick to it!

chymera:Thanks for sharing!! Really gives a clearer idea of what it'll look like on ppl as tall as us. And it really goes well on you!!
floriade sjunky13: yeaah, i think im kinda sold. I dont see many / actually Ive NEVER seen anyone carry a maxi back in my home but i REALLY love the beige lambskin and matt hw. its impossible to find it anywhere nowww! )):

Thanks everyone for sharing! Wouldnt mind more modelling maxi pictures though! :biggrin:
THANKSS!

Hi Chaneholic!
I am 5 feet tall, and anyone can call me crazy if they want, but I am a truly obsessed over Maxis! I have 4 already and waiting for my blue patent to arrive in a couple of days. Honestly I love the style and I totally love carrying a lot of stuff with me, so the space that I have with a maxi totally fits with my lifestyle and not to mention, maxis are sooooo gorgeous! I have tried Jumbo numerous times at the boutique but was always drawn to a Maxi.
With the amount of money that you are paying, don't you think if you like the bag, no matter your height (which is always the argument when it comes to maxis;) ) or the type of leather (caviar or lambskin) at the end it's what you think that counts? So go with your heart, I think that's the best! But my vote definately is for that lovely Chanel Maxi! I know you'll never regret it! ;)

I am about your height I wanted a jumbo initially but after trying the maxi, I felt that it was perfect. I like to carry my classic flaps in the longer strap but jumbo is too long.

Wow you are very brave to get a lamb beige maxi! If you want that color in lamb how about getting it in a m/l. Or get a lamb maxi in a darker color....maybe black perhaps. I have black maxi in lamb ghw and caviar shw. Caviar weight alot heavier in maxi and thats why i hardly use it. But for durability...caviar for sure. Doesn't scratch easily as lamb especially if you are going to get it in a maxi. HTH :smile: