Maxi on petite frame

genegeri

O.G.
May 14, 2010
Los Angeles
I'm thinking of getting a jumbo or maxi but I've suddenly started to favor xl. I'm petite. 5'2". Is there anyone who is petite and own a maxi that can give me feedback? Pictures would be great too.

queenofchic

Mar 17, 2008
I think what's important here is if you're comfortable & confident wearing a maxi. IMO the m/l flap is more proportional size wise but that doesn't mean that you can't pull off the jumbo/maxi. If you're not usually a big bag kind of girl or have hesitations, maybe opt for the jumbo instead. Check out the celebrities & the in action threads for pics of petites making it look effortless.

genegeri

O.G.
May 14, 2010
Los Angeles
I'm totally fine with big bags. In fact I prefer the look of big bags. Great! Now, I'm fully convinced I should go with maxi. Thanks girls!

AMJ

~More CHANEL~
O.G.
Jan 5, 2009
CA
I am 5'4" and I like maxi a lot! I prefer the shorter strap on maxi than the jumbo - it is more comfortable.

mimichauchau

Apr 18, 2006
My friend is pretty petite and I thought the Maxi is a little too big for her body. I think for a large bag, the jumbo is perfect

cc8210

Jun 2, 2009
I'm 5'5" and 130 lbs so not petite but here is a pic of me with my maxi. I debated over the jumbo and the maxi but got the maxi because I liked the length of the strap. The Jumbo was awkward on me. Anyways, hope this helps!

lallybelle

O.G.
Jan 28, 2009
NYC
I love it on you! Your revel thread inspired me to look at the today. I LOVE the new double flap Maxi. I have a feeling we will be bag twins one day...

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2010
I'm 5'3 (and 3/4") and have the maxi. I wish I would have bought the jumbo instead; the Maxi just looks overwhelming on me even though I'm not skinny.