Maxi Mabel on Guys?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. whats your take on the Maxi Mabel on guys? is any guy here who's got it?

2. Well I think the antiqued oak would look great on a Guy as I think it's a more masculine bag . I was only thinking that when I was in a Mulberry store yesterday..

3. Its got to be better then those silly white " man Bags " Mulberry have online at the mo !!!

4. Tara, that's the Bailey. I saw one in Bicester on Thursday in Pebble and it was H-U-G-E... and I normally love oversized bags :lol:

Regarding, the maxi, I just think that because the bag is called a "Mabel" it would put any guy off carrying it. However, that doesn't stop Mulberry trying to market it to them. I phoned Selfridges yesterday to see if they are carrying the aqua Mabel - they're not :crybaby: but they told me that they had the aqua Maxi Mabel "upstairs in menswear" :roflmfao: I'm dying to know how many aqua bags they sell to men :yes:

5. Would a man seriously carry an aqua mabel though?! :s Its quite a girly colour I would have thought....

6. I can't think of a single man that I know who would carry an aqua maxi Mabel, even if they were given it for free :nogood:

7. Tell me about it!

A while back I bought a large brown canvas messenger bag from the mens section in accessorize. Bought it for files mainly at the time, however I never used it for that purpose. I suggested to the OH that perhaps we could use it on trips, and take it in turns to carry it, as it was a bag that we could both use.... the look of horror on his face :wtf::lol: He was adamant that there was no way he was going to be carrying a ladies bag (because it was a messenger style from accessorize) - no amount of persuading had any effect, so it went to the charity shop in the end :rolleyes:

8. Darn, Tara, that's what I was going to get DH for Father's Day!! Off to rethink!!!:lol::lol::upsidedown:

Can you imagine my DH from Texas who wears Wrangler jeans and button down shirts carrying a white "Man" bag???:roflmfao: Send me straight to the funny farm!

9. Having spent quite a bit of time in Texas Kroquet , quite frankly NO . He would get run out of town..

10. Flossie - he won't even wear a pink shirt and they look fab on him! He has the most gorgeous silver hair which looks wonderful with those Ralph Lauren pinks. So sad. I don't think I could even get him tipsy enough to wear!

11. Oh thats a shame I do love a man in a pink shirt!!! Infact my DH is wearing a pink stripy Paul Smith today ( I bought it) .Those RL are fabby , blue chambray is lovely too...

12. I love those stripy Paul Smith shirts!! Sadly, DH just doesn't get it that he might get luckier in a pink shirt!!! LOL

13. Too funny Kroquet.......

14. thanks for the input. i might consider a brown one, once i'm back in London.

15. Great - do post a pic when you have it!
    In the Hermes forum, there are a couple of guys with large Birkins, looking fab. And the Mabel is even more neutral than that, so that should be perfect. The large Bayswater might also be a choice for he right guy. I do wish more stylish men carried bags over here (instead of depositing their stuff in their pockets or in our bags). In Paris, you see that quite a lot.