Maxi lust - how much is too much?

no5

O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
Hello lovelies

I've wanted a Maxi black caviar SHW for a while now but the price brand new in the UK is near the £5K mark and likely to increase. I've searched pre loved and not been happy with what's out there and accept that I'll probably end up having to buy from a boutique. I think this will be my last Chanel (famous last words I know!)

However part of me thinks this is a ridiculous amount to be spending on a bag but then in the year or 18 months that I've dithered its increased and if we get increases like last year it will be unreachable. What should I do? Help please?? Would welcome your thoughts. Thank you.

I would advise to buy it.
I have the Black Lambskin with SHW single flap.
It's my favourite after my M/L.
Can't tell you how much I use it!

And you know Chanel will hitch up their prices again.

Thank you ladies.

Just reading your posts make my heart flutter which I think tells me how much I want it.

My other bags are lambskin but with this being bigger I will go for caviar [emoji4]

So good to hear it carries a lot [emoji3]

Reactions: PrincessSaf
Hi, im from the UK and i just bought my first Chanel in January, maxi caviar SHW... price is ridiculous but I absolutely love the bag! It fits a ton, it is heavy but i dont mind at all... would you like some a modelling pic and an idea of what fits? X

Aw PrincessSaf that would be amazing thank you if you don't mind.

I thought I wanted a single flap but like the structure of the double with it being a bigger bag plus I like the bigger CC clasp. Thank you! [emoji4]

Hello lovelies

I've wanted a Maxi black caviar SHW for a while now but the price brand new in the UK is near the £5K mark and likely to increase. I've searched pre loved and not been happy with what's out there and accept that I'll probably end up having to buy from a boutique. I think this will be my last Chanel (famous last words I know!)

However part of me thinks this is a ridiculous amount to be spending on a bag but then in the year or 18 months that I've dithered its increased and if we get increases like last year it will be unreachable. What should I do? Help please?? Would welcome your thoughts. Thank you.

Im in the UK too and recently bought a caviar maxi with gold hardware. Its a lot of money but I think its worth it - I bought it just before the last increase when it was £4500 as I knew it would go up again and I think its likely to go up once again soon. I personally decided against preloved as there is very little out there in absolutely mint condition and I wanted a full set. I think you should go for it! The double flap is so much more structured. The only negative thing is that it does get heavy - I never fill it and my shoulder does ache after a while but I wear it single strap so it digs in a bit more but if you wear it double strap then it doesn't dig in as much.

Im in the UK too and recently bought a caviar maxi with gold hardware. Its a lot of money but I think its worth it - I bought it just before the last increase when it was £4500 as I knew it would go up again and I think its likely to go up once again soon. I personally decided against preloved as there is very little out there in absolutely mint condition and I wanted a full set. I think you should go for it! The double flap is so much more structured. The only negative thing is that it does get heavy - I never fill it and my shoulder does ache after a while but I wear it single strap so it digs in a bit more but if you wear it double strap then it doesn't dig in as much.
Yes I agree as I looked at when it was less than that and it's gone up so much. I think there were 3 increases last year if I'm not mistaken. I too haven't seen much in the pre loved market and like you say I think it will feel more special getting everything especially as it's been a few years since I bought brand new from the boutique.

I think I can live with it getting heavy as it's so beautiful :heart:
Thank you for your comments. Really appreciate it :smile:

Screenshot_20170302-202511.png20170118_223439+%281%29.jpgScreenshot_20170302-202622.png

Its a very big bag... I'm 5'3 and a curvy size 12!

Iv got my ZCP, TP15, washlets, toilet wipes, samsung s6 edge plus, umbrella, agenda pm, 6 key round holder, cookies and a bottle of pop!

I agree the double flap just looks good and will hold its structure. Preloved wasnt an option, i feel in the UK there arent that many consignment stores and importing is not worth it after tax and duty!

View attachment 3621216View attachment 3621218View attachment 3621220

Its a very big bag... I'm 5'3 and a curvy size 12!

Iv got my ZCP, TP15, washlets, toilet wipes, samsung s6 edge plus, umbrella, agenda pm, 6 key round holder, cookies and a bottle of pop!

I agree the double flap just looks good and will hold its structure. Preloved wasnt an option, i feel in the UK there arent that many consignment stores and importing is not worth it after tax and duty!
Aw thanks PrincessSaf it looks so cool on you. And yes it looks like it fits sooo much.

Am loving all you LV accessories/ SLGs :loveeyes:

I have the maxi black caviar SHW and I love it. It conveys seriousness more than many large bags do because it's so much more structured than a tote. I love mine (eyeing a 2.55 now nonetheless!)

@PrincessSaf OMG, i love that picture of the bag of yours with the plastic bottle. I usually put plastic bottles on my bag as well but I don't have a Maxi yet. So I guess, If ever im gonna buy one, I could proudly say that im not the only one who puts plastic bottle on her bag :smile:

Also, this thread would eases my decision to buy a Maxi. The sales associate I was working with is currently holding the maxi shw for me, im gonna get it next friday! woohoo

I had similar thoughts over jumbo and eventually bought it this Thursday not wanting to meet £5k+ price (after not buying in spring 2016). Bought it in Ireland as opposed to the UK so euro price saved me £250 - a bit of consolation :P