Maxi lovers...Need your Advice:)

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi,

I got my first Maxi jumbo in caviar leather with GWH in mid sept. Actually I want Jumbo so much, but there wasn't stock available in Paris:sad:
    So, what do you think about Maxi? Is it worth enough?
    Can I use it for any occasion? daily and in the evening?

TIA

Roshery

2. I have a Maxi, although mine is older. I think it is the perfect bag for daytime and I can not imagine having a smaller bag.
    However, I do think it is a bit big for dressy evening looks. If your evening look is casual, say dark jeans and a sparkly top, then it would be perfect.

3. Hmmmm. I like maxi best but not really for evening. Gl

4. Loves all your opinion. Thank you:smile:) Yeah I usually use casual look in evening.
    mmm..I'm only 160 cm tall..Do you both think maxi's fit me?
    I love flat shoes..

5. I used my Coral Patent Chevron Maxi everyday all summer and for casual evenings. It is a great size because it really holds a lot and still looks polished. I personally like the bigger bag look so, I think it would be perfect for you.

6. I love the Maxi, but I would go with a smaller bag for evening - like a WOC or M/L

7. ^ I agree with that!

8. i adore big bags even on petite gals & think a Chanel maxi can go anywhere but for a black tie wedding or formal event...
    btw ~ i saw the 09 fuschia maxi on the bay for $6500!

9. make me fall in Love more..more..n more with Maxi:yahoo:

10. I bought a Maxi in sept too and i totally adore it. I could use it everyday(work, shopping, dates). It was pretty convenient as i could carry more things than the Jumbo.
    I really think its fine to carry it on dates.. but if its a formal evening event, its best to carry something smaller like what JetSetGo! has mentioned. :smile:

11. Congrats! We are bag twins and I adore my maxi! I carried it today and received tons of compliments. It is very roomy and fabulous for daily wear. However, for evenings I too would prefer my WOCs, my 226 or my Westminster Flap (it is m/l siz). There are so many wonderful choices! Enjoy your new maxi!

12. I love Maxi too. While some may say that it's too big for a petite, but I feel that big can be pretty too!
    I have both jumbo & Maxi, I would say Maxi is my everyday bag for work :biggrin:

13. Yeah..I can put a lots in Maxi..:smile: yippie
    Do Please tell me about your jumbo..
    Is it many difference in size? compared with maxi..
    Thanks gals..
    You are all the best:smile:):hugs:

14. Me too!

15. Jumbo : 12" x 8" x 3"
    Maxi : 13" x 9" x 4"

There's a small difference in the size between Jumbo & Maxi. While jumbo suffice for everyday use, I prefer Maxi as I can reach out for my stuffs easily. In addition, the length of the chain is much shorter on Maxi then Jumbo which works better on petite like me :smile:

You can also refer to this page Style Codes and Dimensions of the Timeless Classics for more information on the sizes. Hope this is helpful for you ;)