MAXI DRESSES...What Shoes to wear with?

1. The most anticipated sale of the season is here! Come join the official NAP sale discussion thread and share your haul with us!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I just purchased my first maxi dress today (plain green color). I never thought i'd actually buy one but I'm really short (5'0") and this one was the perfect length for me so i HAD to get it! anyway...do most of you wear wedges with them or just flip flops? I really don't know what shoes to wear maxi dresses with!

[​IMG]

2. you can do anything! flip flops, gladiators, heels. depends on the look your going for

3. I love maxi dresses! You can wear flip flops or wedges with them! Whatever suits your mood, and the look you are going for.

4. i wear them with flip flops and they look good with gladiator sandals. I personally would not wear heels with them because I prefer a laid back look with maxi dresses

5. I have always wondered this, I'm a shorty too. I guess formally they look good with strappy heels and not so good with pumps or platforms. For a casual look I would say flip flops (gold would look great with that dress) or gladiators.

6. I also think flip flops, wedges or gladiators are great choices.

7. flip flops. on some dresses you cant see the feet

8. I'm pretty tall so I have to wear flats. I wear my Lanvins.

9. thanks everyone for your input! it seems as though everyone says flip flops! which is great! however when i tried on my dress yesterday and i was wearing flip flops, it wasn't so flattering on me, maybe it's b/c i'm so short lol..i haven't tried it with wedges yet but i hope it will look good with them!! i'm gonna try with some gladiator flats i bought the other day also...

10. I love maxi-dresses... I'm short, but I feel tall wearing them :tender:

I usually wear them with gladiator flats - or wedges... Depending on the length of the dress....

11. I was just out to TGIF yesterday with DH b/c he wanted to take me out since he got home late. Just thrown on my Maxi (free people - rainbow floral on dark brown "very hippie looking") and a pair of old thongs (leather flip-flop low wedge) that is kinda "japanese looking" and I am off.

I do love Maxi dresses (have a black Missoni Jeans jersey one (semi-shiny/silky) that still have to be worn), thinking of maybe getting another "casual" looking Maxi to add to my collection.

12. Wedges for sure!

13. ok so i tried my maxi dress yesterday...and tried it with my gladiators (they are dark brown with gold hardware) and DID NOT LOOK good together :sad: then i tried it with some other heels i had and didn't look good...i tried it with my wedges and it looked okay..i think i will go with just regular flip flops b/c everything i tried looked wierd with it!!! :sad: i think b/c it's not long enough to cover the heels when i wear them and it doesn't look right....i think i will have to buy one thats longer so i can wear them with wedges :smile:

14. where did you find this dress? I am also 5ft and i have been looking for a maxi dress what would fit my height! Thanks a lot!

15. hey! i found it at wet seal for only $21 +tax =) you can go to www.wetseal.com and it's under dresses. it also comes in yellow. oh and it ties in the back...